Texas has always been a law-and-order state, and we must keep it that way. In the 87th Legislative Sessions, we ensured that our law enforcement officers will have the support and resources they need to keep Texans safe by:
- Fortifying our efforts to secure our border and expanding efforts to crack down on human trafficking and drug smuggling.
- Preventing cities from defunding the police.
- Providing law enforcement with tools and training to ensure the safety that their communities deserve.
- Enhancing public safety protections.
- Reforming a flawed bail system to keep dangerous criminals off our streets.
Governor Greg Abbott today issued a statement after the Texas Legislature passed Senate Bill 6, also known as the Damon Allen Act, which will reform our broken bail system in Texas
Governor Abbott Hosts Border Security Summit, Announces Comprehensive Border Security Plan To Crack Down On Unlawful Border Crossings
Governor Greg Abbott today hosted a Border Security Summit in Del Rio where he announced a new comprehensive border security plan to crack down on illegal border crossings in Texas.
Governor Greg Abbott today signed several pieces of legislation into law that will stop cities from defunding the police and enhance penalties for criminal activities that interfere with or harm law enforcement.
Announces Intention To Sign Senate Bill 768
Governor Greg Abbott today issued a statement of support for the Damon Allen Act, championed by Representatives Kyle Kacal (HJR 4) and Andrew Murr (HB 20) in the Texas House.
Governor Abbott Announces Expansion Of Operation Lone Star To Include Anti-Human Trafficking Efforts
Governor Greg Abbott today announced the expansion of Operation Lone Star to include efforts to crack down on human trafficking related to illegal border crossings.