For nearly 200 years, Texas has stood for freedom, personal liberty, and self-reliance. We must ensure Texas remains the freedom capital of America.
Ending COVID Restrictions Forever
In the current 88th Legislative Session, Governor Abbott made ending COVID restrictions forever an emergency item.
Governor Abbott has worked with the Texas Legislature to protect the liberty Texans have long enjoyed by championing and signing legislation that:
- Prevented local governments from shutting down religious activities during a pandemic (87R HB 1229)
- Prohibited local governments from shutting down certain business activities (87R SB 968)
- Banned vaccine passports (87R SB 968)
Governor Abbott also issued executive orders to prevent local governments from encroaching on Texas’ individual liberties. These executive orders protect Texans from mask and vaccine mandates, as well as school and business closures.
To protect Texans’ from government overreach, Governor Abbott is working with the Texas Legislature to prohibit:
- Any COVID-19 government vaccine mandates
- Any COVID-19 government mask mandates
- Any government from closing any business or school because of COVID-19
Texas is the energy capital of the world. We lead the nation in energy production, helping secure America’s energy independence and security despite geopolitical turmoil in other regions of the globe.
Governor Abbott has taken significant action to protect this crucial industry against federal overreach that would disrupt oil and gas production and risk hundreds of thousands of Texas jobs, including:
- Directing every state agency to use all lawful powers and tools to challenge federal threats to Texas’ energy industry
- Stopping the Biden Administration’s attacks on the Permian Basin
- Partnering with oil and gas industry leaders to create more jobs and foster continued growth and innovation in energy production
Governor Abbott will continue safeguarding Texas’ thriving energy industry, its hardworking men and women, and its contribution to the nation’s energy independence and security.
Protecting Free Speech
Governor Abbott has long-championed freedom of speech for all Texans. Working with the Texas Legislature, the Governor has fought to protect the First Amendment rights of Texans by:
- Protecting Texans from wrongful censorship on social media platforms
- Protecting free speech on Texas’ college campuses to allow the free flow of ideas and discourse
- Helping facilitate a pivotal agreement between Newsmax and DIRECTV
Governor Abbott will continue to lead on efforts to secure the freedom of speech, especially in online forums, by protecting minors from harmful online content and providing increased protections of consumers’ personal data.
Governor Abbott Signs Law Protecting Texans From Wrongful Social Media Censorship
Governor Greg Abbott today signed House Bill 20 into law, which protects Texans from wrongful censorship on social media platforms.