Sexual Assault Survivors’ Task Force
As Texans and as members of a caring society, we embrace the right of all citizens to live safely and securely. With these goals in mind, committed professionals and volunteers across Texas remain dedicated to invaluable work in crime prevention, law enforcement, prosecution, advocacy, and victim support-helping to create a better, safer future for all Texans. Since the last legislative session, the Governor's Sexual Assault Survivors' Task Force has continued its work on behalf of Texas' adult and child sexual assault survivors. With our shared mission of transforming Texas' response to sexual violence, we will continue to seek justice for survivors, hold offenders accountable, and ensure that all survivors have access to the resources they need for healing and recovery.
Governor Greg Abbott
Texas leads the nation through a survivor-centered, trauma-informed approach to sexual violence, where adult and child survivors are heard, believed, and supported, where offenders are held accountable, and where all system partners work collaboratively to transform Texas' response to sexual violence.
Establish a survivor-centered, trauma-informed, collaborative, and coordinated response to sexual violence experienced by adults and children in Texas through:
- Creating and advancing actionable policy recommendations, protocols, and best practices that address the prevention, investigation, and prosecution of sexual assault and other sex offenses, services, and resources for survivors, and funding for services;
- Improving the content, effectiveness, and accessibility of training and resources for professionals responding to sexual assault and other sex offenses, including law enforcement, prosecutors, and judges;
- Providing accurate information regarding resources for survivors in a centralized, accessible, understandable format;
- Building transparency and accountability by making data related to sexual assault prevention, investigation, and prosecution publicly available in a centralized, accessible, understandable format; and
- Promoting culture change that counters prevalent myths about sexual assault and reflects the reality of sexual assault dynamics and effects on adults and children.
The Sexual Assault Survivors’ Task Force (SASTF) recently submitted the 2022 SASTF Biennial Report to the Texas Legislature as part of our ongoing commitment supporting survivors. The SASTF launched the Resources for Sexual Assault Survivors, a statewide searchable service provider directory for survivors across Texas.
2022 SASTF Biennial Report to Texas Legislature
2022 SASTF Biennial Report Summary