Applications and Forms
Download the Appointment Application
Choose the document format that best matches your computer system. Be sure to download the guide as well [91KB PDF].
- Appointment Application in MS Word format [.docx] This application is saved in Microsoft Word format and can be opened in Microsoft Word and word processors that support MS Word formats. You can fill out this version on your computer and save it or print it. Be sure to also download the guide (see below).
- Appointment Application in PDF format [.pdf] This format requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view.
- Appointment Application Guide in MS Word format [.docx] This guide is in Microsoft Word format and it will help you to properly complete the Appointment Application.
Attorney Releases and Judicial Application
All current and former attorneys must complete the State Bar and Judicial Conduct Release Form prior to appointment.
The Judicial Questionnaire must be completed for consideration of appointment to the Texas Judiciary, this includes consideration of appointment to a district attorney position and vacancies on the Texas Supreme Court. An Appointment Application (available above) must also be submitted, along with a photograph, resume, and the State Bar and Judicial Conduct Release form. A writing sample is required for consideration of appointment to the Texas Supreme Court, Court of Criminal Appeals, and any Court of Appeals.
- Judicial Questionnaire [MS Word]
- Judicial Questionnaire [PDF]
- State Bar and Judicial Conduct Release [MS Word]
- State Bar and Judicial Conduct Release [PDF]
The following forms and instructions are for use by individuals who have been appointed by the Governor. The forms are provided by the Secretary of State. Please note that the Oath of Office cannot be taken until the Statement of Officer is received by the Secretary of State.
Texas Armed Services Scholarship Program
Students interested in being nominated by Governor Greg Abbott for a conditional Texas Armed Services Scholarship, please complete the following application, and submit it to the Appointments Office, along with a current resume and photo. For additional information about the scholarship and eligibility requirements, please visit the following website: http://www.hhloans.com/index.cfm?ObjectID=8FB593C7-EE1E-7872-00A8808886543AEE