Women-Owned Small Business Pitch Competition
The Beacon State Fund*, in partnership with the Governor's Commission for Women, is hosting a pitch competition and will select an awardee for each region of Texas. The women-owned small business pitch competition is made possible by Sempra Energy’s support of the Beacon State Fund.
To qualify for the pitch competition you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Your business is at least 51% owned, controlled, operated, and managed by a woman or women.
- Your business made $1,000,000 or less in revenue in 2020.
- Your business employed 15 or less in 2020.
- Your business must be registered in the State of Texas.
- Must have operated for more than 12 months.
- Complete applications must be submitted** by the regional deadline via the online application form.
- Central Region - June 30, 2021
- West Region - July 14, 2021
- South Region - August 4, 2021
- North Region - September 1, 2021
- East Region - September 15, 2021
- Applicants will receive notification via email that the application was received. If you do not receive this notification, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An application will only be considered for the region where the business is located.
- Finalists will be selected and notified via email no later than 1 week prior to the regional webinar event.
- Finalists from each region will be invited to present a live pitch to judges on the day of the regional webinar.
- Finalists must respond to the notification email in order to secure their place in the live pitch event.
- Finalists chosen for the live pitch event will receive further instructions for the day and time of the live pitch.
Guidelines and Rules
- The application form must be submitted with all required fields completed to be considered for the live pitch event.
- In the event that a finalist cannot be present at the live pitch event, an alternate may be selected. The Beacon State Fund and the Commission for Women reserve the right to adjust the number of finalists at any time.
- The live pitch event will be recorded and available for re-play on the Commission for Women’s website and/or social media platforms.
- The winner of the live pitch will be announced during the regional webinar. The winner must be present to accept the award.
Award: One winner will be chosen from each region of Texas and will receive a $7,500 award from the Beacon State Fund.
*The Beacon State Fund is a 501(c)(3) Texas nonprofit, Tax ID number 74-2786655. The Beacon State Fund works cooperatively with the Governor’s Commission for Women to promote opportunities for and support the successes of Texas women.
**Applications are subject to the Texas Public Information Act (the “Act”). The Office of the Governor (“OOG”), as a state agency, must comply with the Act. Under the Act, any information that the OOG maintains is subject to potential public disclosure if it is responsive to a public information request. The Attorney General of Texas determines what must be disclosed to a requestor if a state agency or a third party asserts exemptions under the Act to prevent the information’s release. In the event that the OOG receives a public information request that implicates your application, the OOG will (i) notify you of the request in a timely manner, and (ii) provide you with full information on how to participate in the process, including the opportunity to assert exemptions under the Act that could prevent the release your application.