Do you see a future career in public service? How far could a student internship take you? The Texas Governor's Internship program could be the next stepping stone for your career in public service. The Office of the Governor (OOG ) Internship program offers college students and recent graduates valuable experience and exposure to state government by providing opportunities to work alongside OOG staff in a variety of different fields. As an OOG intern, you can help make a difference while learning about the different facets of state government. Opportunities are on an unpaid basis only and the OOG is committed to working with students who are seeking course credit for their internship time. Apply now!
Benefits of the Texas Governor’s Internship Program
- Give students an overview of state government by working closely with staff in the Office of the Governor.
- Provide students with experience in a working office environment.
- Enhance appreciation of public service.
Interns are assigned to work with the Governor’s staff.
- Performs support work for division program areas
- Provides project assistance
- Conducts research as requested for various projects
- Prepares correspondence, reports, studies, forms and documents
- May research, compose, design, or edit agency publications, forms, manuals, and charts
- Assists with special projects
Internships are on an unpaid basis. They are available to college students and recent graduates.
- Spring: January 1 - May 31 (applications due December 15)
- Summer: June 1 - August 31 (applications due April 15)
- Fall: September 1 - December 31 (applications due July 15)
How to Apply
Interested students must submit a Texas Governor's Internship Program application and resume. Students may request an application by contacting the Human Resources Division.
Applications can be:
- Mailed to Texas Governor's Office Attn:
P.O. Box 12428
Austin, Texas 78711
- Dropped off at State Insurance Building:
1100 San Jacinto Boulevard
Austin, Texas 78701
- Faxed to: (512) 463-8464
- Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Subject Line: Texas Governor Internship Applicant)
Internships May be Available in the Following Divisions/Offices
- Appointments Office
- Committee on People with Disabilities
- Constituent Communications
- Criminal Justice Division
- Economic Development
- Financial Services
- General Counsel
- Homeland Security Grants Division
- Human Resources
- Legislative Office
- Office of the First Lady
- Office of State & Federal Relations
- Office of Economic Development Finance
- Public Safety Office
- Research and Economic Analysis
- Scheduling & Advance
- Texas Business Development
- Texas Film Commission
- Texas Music Office
- Texas Military Preparedness Commission
- Travel Texas
For more information on each division, please visit the organization page.