Child Sex Trafficking - Bring Justice
Traffickers, buyers and those who profit from exploiting children must be held accountable. Law enforcement and prosecutors need the proper training and tools to adequately prosecute these criminals.
In pursuit of this goal, it is critical to maintain a child-centered perspective and a trauma-informed response in order to ensure the survivor's needs are met and that the survivor is empowered to participate in bringing justice to his/her exploiters.
CSTT brings justice for victims by:
- Providing funding and training to criminal justice partners;
- Empowering victim participation in investigations and prosecutions;
- Shifting cultural norms from blaming victims to holding exploiters accountable.
- Combatting emerging methods of exploitation.
- Texas Department of Public Safety Training Academy
- Strand Holistic Innovative Forensic Techniques
- Gang Trafficking of Youth – Identification and Interdiction. This webinar contains images of violence inflicted by gangs. To access the video, please contact us.
- Texas Department of Public Safety’s New Standard Operating Procedures for Human Trafficking Investigations Webinar. To access this webinar, please contact us.
- Trauma-informed Interviews of Sex Trafficking Survivors Webinar. To access this webinar, please contact us.
- Human Trafficking Legislative Updates Webinar. Todd Latiolais, Prevention and Policy Administrator of the Child Sex Trafficking Team, shares information about laws passed during the 86th Legislative Session which impact the issue of human Trafficking.
- Project 180 Webinar: A Pilot Project to Divert Exploited Persons from Prostitution Prosecutions and to Identify and Prosecute Traffickers.
Programs Supported by Grants from the Office of the Governor
- Project 180: Pilot program at Harris County District Attorney’s Office that diverts young adults arrested for prostitution from arrest to services and gathers interview and analytical information to investigate and prosecute their exploiters. Read an assessment of the program by Dr. Rebecca Pfeffer.
- Specialized prosecution units in Harris and Dallas counties.
- Office of the Attorney General Sexual Extortion Investigation Project: Provides resources for investigating online sexual extortion cases.
- Collective Liberty Law Enforcement and Prosecution Trainings