Texas Disability Law - Organ Donation
- Allows anyone to donate part or all of the body by stating intentions in a will or other document.
- Allows children to make similar donations with consent of the parent/guardian.
- Allows donors to identify a specific organ recipient in a will or other document.
- Allows for donor information on driver's licenses or personal identification cards.
- Allows Internet-based registration through the Glenda Dawson Donate Life Texas Registry.
- Requires donors be registered after August 31, 2005, for their registration to be valid. Anyone registered before this date should re-register to ensure their wishes are upheld by law.
- Allows removal from the donor registry with a written statement.
Relevant Federal Laws