The Texas Governor’s Committee on People with Disabilities (GCPD) in accordance with its enabling statute, Human Resources Code, Title 7 Chapter 115, Sec. 115.009.(3), respectfully submits this report to the Governor and to the 86th Texas Legislature on recommended changes in state laws relating to persons with disabilities. GCPD recommends changes in disability policies and programs in the areas of accessibility, communication, education, emergency preparedness, health, housing, recreation, transportation, veterans and workforce.
The full document is available in an accessible Word version and as a PDF:
- How to follow a bill through Texas Legislature Online
- Set up bill alerts for activity through Texas Legislature Online
- Texas Legislature Online mobile device support
- To view live and archived broadcasts of House Chamber & Committee work
- To view live and archived broadcasts of Senate Chamber & Committee work
- GCPD Disability Key Law Resources