Child Sex Trafficking - Recover
To ensure that survivors are treated not as perpetrators but with trauma-informed care, CSTT is building the capacity and expertise of existing child protection, juvenile justice, criminal justice, and healthcare systems to improve existing responses to exploited youth. CSTT is also developing new services in the recovery of victims: drop-in centers, emergency shelters, juvenile justice-based counseling and case management programs, and Commercially Sexually Exploited Youth (CSEY) advocacy programs that provide crisis intervention, ongoing case management, and healthy, supportive relationships that help survivors heal and thrive.
CSTT is also partnering with the Children’s Advocacy Centers of Texas to develop Survivor Care Coordination processed for multi-disciplinary teams made up of law enforcement, child protection, juvenile justice, and medical and community services. Care Coordination will ensure that the response to an identified victim will be child-centered, trauma-informed and coordinated for maximum effect and support for the child.
CSTT further supports recovery by:
- Enhancing the National Human Trafficking Hotline to help with timely recovery of victims and effective referrals;
- Training and equipping all stakeholders to provide victim-centered, trauma-informed responses
- National Human Trafficking Hotline - Watch our National Human Trafficking Hotline webinar to learn more about the Hotline’s work, capabilities, its service directory, and its partnership with the State of Texas.
- Texas Abuse Hotline
- Children’s Advocacy Centers of Texas
- Shared Hope Protective Response Model
Programs Supported by Grants from the Office of the Governor
Care Coordination Agencies
Care Coordinators convene and facilitate multi-disciplinary care coordination teams that plan and deliver services for child sex trafficking survivors in the short and long-term. CSTT has helped local communities build care coordination teams in Texas’ largest urban areas and is working with Children’s Advocacy Centers of Texas to develop them throughout the state. In Harris County, the care coordinator for commercially sexually exploited youth is Harris County Resources for Children.
To access care coordination for a minor child victim of trafficking, call the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 1-888-373-7888.
CSEY Advocacy Programs
Advocates provide support for law enforcement operations and immediate crisis management, supportive trust-based relationships, and long term case management for survivors. View a map of CSEY Advocacy agencies.
- Alamo Area Rape Crisis Center (Bexar)
- AWARE Central Texas (Bell, Coryell, Lampasas, Milam)
- BCFS Central (Atascosa, Bandera, Bastrop, Bell, Bexar, Blanco, Bosque, Caldwell, Comal, Coryell, Falls, Freestone, Frio, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Hays, Hill, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Limestone, McLennan, McMullen, Medina, Williamson, Wilson)
- BCFS Houston (Brazoria, Brazos, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Grimes, Harris, Liberty, Madison, Montgomery, Polk, San Jacinto, Walker, Waller)
- BCFS RGV (Brooks, Cameron, Dimmit, Duval, Edwards, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kenedy, Kinney, La Salle, Maverick, Real, Starr, Uvalde, Val Verde, Webb, Willacy, Zapata)
- For the Silent (Anderson, Bowie, Cass, Cherokee, Gregg, Harrison, Henderson, Kaufman, Marion, Morris, Rusk, Smith, Upshur, Van Zandt, Wood)
- Harvest House (Hardin, Jasper, Jefferson, Newton, Orange, Tyler)
- Hill Country Crisis Council (Bandera, Gillespie, Kendall, Kerr, Kendall)
- Lubbock Rape Crisis Center (Andrews, Bailey, Borden, Cochran, Crosby, Dawson, Dickens, Ector, Floyd, Gaines, Garza, Hale, Hockley, Howard, Kent, Lamb, Lubbock, Lynn, Martin, Midland, Terry, Yoakum)
- Paso del Norte (Culberson, El Paso, Hudsbeth)
- Refugee Services of Texas Central (Bell, Hays, McLennan, Travis, Williamson)
- Refugee Services of Texas East (Harris)
- Refugee Services of Texas North (Dallas, Tarrant)
- Refugee Services of Texas South (Brooks, Cameron, Hidalgo, Jim Wells, Starr, Willacy)
- Refugee Services of Texas West (Potter, Randall)
- Regional Victim Crisis Center (Callahan, Coleman, Eastland, Haskell, Jones, Knox, Shackelford, Stephens, Stonewall, Taylor, Throckmorton)
- SAFE (Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Chambers, Hays, Travis, Williamson)
- Sojourn Landing (Brazoria, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Montgomery, Waller)
- Traffick911 (Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant)
- Unbound College Station (Brazos, Burleson, Grimes, Leon, Madison, Robertson, Washington)
- Unbound North Texas (Denton, Johnson, Tarrant)
- Unbound Houston (Brazoria, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris)
- YMCA (Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, Waller)
These programs provide for immediate needs, including safety planning, crisis counseling, and opportunities for engagement in services for youth who are likely victims of sex trafficking.
- Centro Seguro
- SAFE Alliance
- El Paso Center for Children
- The Landing
- Central Texas Youth Services
- Family Ties
- The Underground
Emergency placements are available 24/7 to provide survivors with physical safety, safety planning, and immediate trauma-responsive case management to meet their basic needs.