Criminal Justice Division
The goal of the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division (CJD) is to improve public safety and support victims of crime by filling system gaps and promoting innovative solutions to common challenges. Our mission is to support those who make Texas a safer place and those who help victims of crime to recover and feel safe again through programs that:
- Prevent and intervene in juvenile delinquency
- Provide services to victims of crime and address violence against women
- Support law enforcement and improve the criminal justice system
- Support Crime Stoppers organizations
- Prevent child sex trafficking, bring justice to its perpetrators, and restore its victims
In carrying out this mission, we are committed to helping our grantees by actively finding ways for them to accomplish their goals and by making sure that we have our eye on identifying the approaches that work best.
CJD is dedicated to the following principles:
- Leading and exploring innovation - To advance justice, we must dedicate resources to test new ideas.
- Focusing on people and impact - We must always remember who we are here to serve and dedicate funding where it can help people in the most meaningful ways.
- Acting transparently - We strive to operate in a fair and transparent way.
- Operating with simplicity - We work to streamline our processes and lessen burden by focusing on what is important.
- Collecting and using evidence - We are dedicated to building good measures for our programs, championing evidence-based practices, and building evidence where it is lacking.
- Valuing our stakeholders and their opinions - We know that to succeed we must listen to and leverage the expertise and input of our stakeholders.
- eGrants – eGrants is the online grant management system used by Public Safety Office programs; follow the link to register for an account, submit and certify an application(s), and then manage any grant(s) awarded to your agency.
- State Auditor’s Office Fraud Hotline: 1-800-TX-AUDIT
- View the State Auditor’s website for more information on reporting fraud, waste, or abuse.