Women investing in themselves & inspiring change represents the greatest potential for job growth.
A report that highlights the accomplishments of Texas over the past year.
Texas and Mexico share more than a border; we are connected by commerce, culture, and family.
- Friday, February 05, 2016 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Sends Brief To Attorney General Paxton In Support Of Displaying Cross On Patrol Vehicles
Governor Greg Abbott has sent a brief to Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton supporting Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson’s decision to allow his officer’s patrol vehicles to display a cross with a thin blue line on patrol vehicles.
- Thursday, February 04, 2016 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Names Director And Appoints 31 To Task Force On Infectious Disease Preparedness And Response
Governor Abbott has appointed 31 members to the Task Force on Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response and has appointed John Hellerstedt, M.D. as director.
- Wednesday, February 03, 2016 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Sets Date For HD-120 Special Election
Governor Greg Abbott today issued a proclamation announcing May 7, 2016 as the special election date to fill the House District 120 seat recently vacated by Representative Ruth Jones McClendon.
- Wednesday, February 03, 2016 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Names Presiding Officer And Appoints Two To Risk Management Board
Governor Greg Abbott has appointed Gerald Ladner, Sr. and reappointed Rosemary Gammon for terms set to expire on February 1, 2021, to the Risk Management Board. The Governor additionally named Dr. Lloyd Garland as presiding officer.
- Wednesday, February 03, 2016 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Issues Statement On Planned “Return Of Kings” Events In Texas
Governor Greg Abbott today issued the following statement after reports that the group “Return of Kings,” which promotes the legalization of rape, plans to hold events on Saturday, February 6th in multiple cities across Texas.
- Wednesday, February 03, 2016 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Leads Bipartisan, Ten-State Coalition Of Governors In Filing Amicus Brief In Support Of HB2
Governor Greg Abbott today led a bipartisan, ten-state coalition of Governors in filing an amicus brief to the U.S. Supreme Court in support of Texas' House Bill 2.
- Wednesday, February 03, 2016 Austin, TexasOffice Of The Governor Releases Web Video On Report To The People Of Texas
Following the release of Governor Greg Abbott’s first “Report to the People of Texas” yesterday, the Office of Governor today released a web video providing an overview of the Governor’s first year in office.
- Tuesday, February 02, 2016 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Declares February 2nd "Texas Military Heroes Day"
Governor Greg Abbott today declared February 2nd "Texas Military Heroes Day" in honor of all Texans who have and continue to defend the United States of America.
- Tuesday, February 02, 2016 Austin, TexasOffice Of The Governor Releases First “Report to the People of Texas”
The Office of Governor Greg Abbott today released its first “Report to the People of Texas,” which highlights the shared successes of Texas during the Governor’s first year in office.
- Monday, February 01, 2016 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott, Congressman Cuellar Request Information On DHS Border Security Cuts
Governor Greg Abbott and Congressman Henry Cuellar (D-TX-28) today sent a letter to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Jeh Johnson requesting detailed information on DHS’s decision to cut resources for aerial-based border security support in a program known as Operation Phalanx.