- Monday, February 27, 2017 Austin, TexasOffice Of The Governor And Houston Crime Stoppers Offer Reward In Case Involving Shooting Of Eight Year-Old Girl
The Office of the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division today offered a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the identification and arrest of the person or persons involved in the shooting of eight year-old De'Maree Adkins.
- Friday, February 17, 2017 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Appoints Nine To Trinity River Authority Board Of Directors
Governor Greg Abbott has appointed Whitney Beckworth, Robert McFarlane, William “Will” Rodgers, Frank Steed, and Edward “Cary” Williams, III and reappointed John Jenkins, Kevin Maxwell, and Manny Rachal for terms set to expire on March 15, 2021. Governor Abbott additionally appointed Tori Lucas for a term set to expire on March 15, 2017.
- Friday, February 17, 2017 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Leads Coalition In Filing Amicus Brief Opposing California's Restriction On Concealed Carry Permit Holders
Governor Greg Abbott today led a collation of nine Governors in filing an Amici Curae – or friend of the court brief – to the United States Supreme Court in the case of Edward Peruta; Michelle Laxson; James Dodd; Leslie Buncher, Dr.; Mark Cleary; California Rifle And Pistol Association v. the County of San Diego
- Wednesday, February 15, 2017 Austin, TexasOffice Of The Governor Announces New Rewards For Unsolved Murder Cases In Texas
The Office of the Governor, The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), and Texas Crime Stoppers today announced a new reward program related to the Texas Ranger Unsolved Crimes Investigation Program.
- Tuesday, February 07, 2017 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Statement On Senate Vote To Ban Sanctuary Cities In Texas
Governor Greg Abbott today released the following statement after the Texas Senate voted to preliminarily approve a bill to ban sanctuary cities (SB 4) in the State of Texas, one of Governor Abbott’s emergency legislative priorities:
- Tuesday, February 07, 2017 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Statement On Senate Passage Of Ethics Reform Package
Governor Greg Abbott today released the following statement after the Texas Senate passed an ethics reform package (SB 14), one of Governor Abbott’s emergency legislative priorities:
- Thursday, February 02, 2017 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Appoints Eight To State Employee Charitable Campaign Advisory Committee
Governor Greg Abbott has appointed Eleesha Blackwell, Norma Castilla-Blackwell, David Chapman, Linda Fernandez, Vanessa Nip, Renee Tuggle, Michael Wilson and Elaine Zavala to the State Employee Charitable Advisory Policy Committee.
- Wednesday, February 01, 2017 Austin, TexasFirst Lady Cecilia Abbott To Chair 34th Annual Governor’s Volunteer Awards
First Lady Cecilia Abbott, Honorary Chair of the 34th Annual Governor’s Volunteer Awards, today announced that nominations are open.
- Wednesday, February 01, 2017 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Reappoints Mattax As Commissioner Of Insurance
Governor Greg Abbott has reappointed David Mattax as the Commissioner of Insurance for a term to expire February 1, 2019.
- Wednesday, February 01, 2017 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Tours Southern Border With DHS Secretary John Kelly
Governor Abbott today toured the U.S.-Mexico border with Department of Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly and discussed the importance of strengthening border security.