Small Business Events
The Governor’s Office of Small Business Assistance is committed to informing small- and medium-sized enterprises about state and federal incentives and programs. The team serves as a focal point in the state for start-ups, small businesses and Historically Underutilized Businesses. In both urban and rural communities, Texas is an epicenter for business growth and expansion.
Governor's 2021 Small Business Webinar Series
The Governor's Economic Development & Tourism Office has launched a series of webinars to provide Texas small businesses and entrepreneurs with the resources they need during this crisis. Businesses will receive timely, relevant, actionable information on COVID-19 recovery resources and will connect with local experts and support systems.
Did you miss previous webinars? Watch all the Governor's Small Business Webinar Series playbacks via YouTube.
Presentation and Transcript PDFs from Previous Events
- Updates on the New Round of PPP Funding & Disaster Recovery, presented March 3, 2021 (Transcript)
- Update on SBA Shuttered Venue Operators Grant, presented February 9, 2021 (Transcript)
- Information on the New Round of PPP Funding, presented January 27, 2021 (Transcript)
- Understanding the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant, presented on January 21, 2020 (Transcript)
- Optimizing PPP Loan Forgiveness, presented on November 19, 2020 (Transcript)
- Business Strategies for an Evolving Future: Online Marketing & Selling, presented on October 28, 2020 (Transcript)
- Business Strategies for an Evolving Future: Dynamic Financial Planning, presented on October 7, 2020 (Transcript)
- Resources for Veteran-Owned Businesses & Entrepreneurs, presented on September 23, 2020 (Transcript)
Small Business Events 2021
Our office continues to monitor the situation and follow guidance of health professionals and government agencies. Out of an abundance of caution, the Office of the Governor as of yet does not have any in-person events scheduled for 2021. Please sign up for our Small Business Updates to be notified if and when new event dates announced.
About the Small Business Events
The events offer a great opportunity to network with other businesses and experts, and learn about key resources that may be available to support business growth. The events are shaped by feedback from attendees, and are uniquely tailored by our local partners, which include regional, state and federal agencies. To find out more about what these events have to offer, see our most recent event agenda. All our events offer excellent networking opportunities, access to subject matter experts and an opportunity to talk to regional, state and federal agencies that offer support and resources to start-ups and existing businesses. These agencies also share information about their own procurement needs. All of our events include panel discussions on key business issues, with expert panelists providing timely, relevant and actionable advice, and allowing time for audience Q&A.
Interested in learning more? Check out our YouTube channel for video highlights and footage of panel sessions from previous events.