Coronavirus Resources and Response
Message from the Governor
The state of Texas is strong; our people, resilient.
As we have seen in years past, when tested by fire, flood, or hurricane, Texans respond with resilience and calm resolve. And just as we overcame those challenges, we will overcome this one.
When neighbors help neighbors, our resilience is redoubled.
I have no doubt that Texans will continue to work together in that spirit over the coming days and weeks.
And we are here to help.
Governor Greg Abbott
The best way to prevent infection is to take steps to avoid exposure to this virus, which are similar to the steps you take to avoid the flu.
Patients with COVID‑19 have reportedly had mild to severe respiratory illness. Symptoms can include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
Information and Guidance for People with Disabilities
The Governor’s Committee on People with Disabilities has gathered information related to the Coronavirus and emergency guidance related to people with disabilities.
- Texas Coronavirus Relief Bill Rental Assistance Program
- Governor Abbott's Proactive Response To COVID-19
- Resources for Employers
- OSHA: Guidance on Returning to Work
- SBA: Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
- TEA: Accelerated Learning Resources
- Call 2-1-1 for Health, food, housing, and other assistance
- Call 7-1-1 for Relay Service
- Report price gouging: Consumer Protection, Office of the Attorney General, or call 1-800-621-0508