The Texas Economic Development & Tourism Office and community partners continue to work together to provide direct assistance and resource referrals to Texas businesses. We are also focused on recovery and the next steps to position our state's businesses and communities for future success. For additional news and resources regarding our state's response to COVID-19, go to gov.texas.gov/coronavirus.
Resources for Small Businesses
On March 3, 2021, Governor Greg Abbott issued an Executive Order increasing capacity of all businesses and facilities. Effective March 10, 2021, all businesses of any type may open to 100% capacity. Businesses may still limit capacity or implement additional safety protocols at their own discretion.
U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance
Community Development Finance Institutions (CDFIs) may also be able to provide assistance. Find a CDFI near you by utilizing the CDFI Finder.
- The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) has a number of resources for employers, including those impacted by COVID-19.
The Governor's Small Business Webinar Series addresses a wide variety of business topics and challenges, including recovery resources for businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- The Texas Film Commission page provides direct assistance and resource referrals to Texas creative arts/film industry partners.
- The Texas Music Office offers a multitude of resources for artists and music industry professionals to receive financial assistance.
- The Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts offers tools and resources about tax filing relief and federal funding information for taxpayers, local governments and those who do business with the Comptroller's office.
- The Texas Department of Agriculture offers multiple areas of guidance in regards to COVID-19 resources for employers.
- The Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation offers business owners a guide to all of the most current restrictions and guidelines that are in place to maintain public health.
- The Texas Department of State Health Services offers a comprehensive guide on how to get vaccinated, how to prevent the spread of the virus, where you can get tested for the virus and more.
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Disaster Preparedness & Recovery Quick Guides offers a litany of resources for local businesses with the purpose of preparing for and recovering from disasters.
- The Skills Development Fund: COVID-19 Training is an initiative to help businesses across Texas provide rapid-response training to their employees as a direct result of the pandemic.
Page updated as of May 12, 2021