Nominations Now Open For The 2019 Governor’s Volunteer Awards
Nominations are now open for the 2019 Governor's Volunteer Awards. Texas First Lady Cecilia Abbott will again serve as the Honorary Chair of the award committee. The Governor's Volunteer Awards are administered by the OneStar Foundation, and are an opportunity for the state of Texas to honor those who exhibit excellence in serving their communities.
Nominations are open in nine categories:
- Governor’s Lone Star Achievement Award
- First Lady’s Rising Star Award
- Partners in Education Award
- Service to Veterans Award
- Higher Education Community Impact Award – University
- Higher Education Community Impact Award – Community College
- Corporate Community Impact Award
- Community Leadership Award
- National Service “Make a Difference” Award
To nominate an individual or organization for the award, go to:
To see the descriptions and criteria for each award, visit:
Nominations will close on Thursday, May 16, 2019, and awardees will be honored in the fall at an evening reception at the Governor’s Mansion.