Texanthropy Spotlight: HEB + School Supply Drives
There is nothing more powerful than Texans helping Texans, and one of our state’s most helpful and giving businesses is H-E-B. As summer draws to an end and Texas families begin to think about back-to-school, H-E-B is working with partners all across the state to ensure that ALL Texas schoolchildren have access to the school supplies they need to help them succeed in school.
H‑E‑B stores across Texas partner with non‑profits like Communities in Schools, Junior League, and food banks to support school supply drives. Here are a few examples of the school supply drives H-E-B is supporting for the upcoming school year:
- Support students in need by making a $1,$3 or $5 donation at the cash register or by purchasing a prepackaged set of school supplies and placing them in the designated donation bins in H-E-B stores.
- Bastrop ISD “Stuff the Bus” on August 20th from 8:30am ‑ 10:30am at the Bastrop H‑E‑B plus!
- Waxahachie I.S.D. “Operation First Day of School”, which runs from July 25th to August 7th at the Waxahachie H-E-B
- Faith Family Church “Pack the Bus” on August 5th and 6th at two Victoria H-E-B locations: Victoria H- E-B plus! and Victoria 59 & Lauren
- Food Bank of the Rio Grande Valley School Tools “Fill the Bus”, which runs from August 1st to August 15th at over 30 H-E-B locations in the Rio Grande Valley
This is only a fraction of the full impact that will be made this school year by H-E-B back-to-school supply drives. To see the full list of their support and activities, visit their School Supply Drives section of their website.