Texanthropy Spotlight: Nominate Someone You Know for the Governor’s Volunteer Awards
It’s that time of year again! Nominations for the 2017 Governor’s Volunteer Awards are open, and First Lady Cecilia Abbott is once again chairing this year's awards celebrating Texans who have answered the call to service.
The Awards – administered by the OneStar Foundation – honor the contributions of individuals, groups and organizations in Texas that have made a positive impact in their communities or across Texas through service and volunteering. The eight award categories are:
- Governor’s Lone Star Achievement Award
- First Lady’s Rising Star Award
- Partners in Education Award
- Service to Veterans Award
- Higher Education Community Impact Award
- Corporate Community Impact Award
- Community Leadership Award
- National Service “Make a Difference” Award
To see descriptions and criteria for each award, visit http://onestarfoundation.org/texas-faith-based-community-initiative/governors-volunteer-awards/. To submit a nomination for an award, visit https://app.reviewr.com/s1/site/onestarfoundation2017 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. The nominations will close on March 31, 2017.
The awardees will be honored in the Fall at an evening reception hosted by the First Lady at the Governor’s Mansion.