Scheduler (Program Specialist III)
Job #: 2023-96
- TWC Job #: 16051767
- Opening Date: 6/23/2023
- Travel Required: NA
- Monthly Salary: $4,583.34 - $5,000.00
- Position Location: Austin, Texas
- Group Step: B19
- Class: 1572
- Status: Open
Scheduler – Austin, Texas
The Office of the Governor is looking for a Scheduler (Program Specialist III) to work in the Scheduling and Advance Division.
Who We Are
The Office of the Governor works to build a healthier, safer, freer, and more prosperous future for all Texans. We are located primarily within the Texas State Capitol Complex in Austin.
What You’ll Earn
The salary is $4,583.34 - $5,000.00 a month ($55,000.08 - $60,000.00 a year).
Benefits include medical insurance, sick leave, and vacation leave. Also, State of Texas employees are eligible for a defined retirement plan. Learn more: https://www.ers.texas.gov/Active-Employees/Health-Benefits
What You’ll Do
This is a job that assists with research, planning, scheduling, and re-scheduling appointments for the Texas Governor.
- Assists the Division Director and other division staff in organizing and scheduling travel, appointments, special events, meetings, and all other internal and external activities for the Governor.
- Plans, conducts research, and coordinates accommodations, transportation, facilities, catering, signage, displays, translations, audio-visual equipment, printing, and security as required to effect seamless events.
- Confers with staff at designated event and/or meeting sites to understand, coordinate, and expedite all related details; determines special requirements, including for the Governor and staff.
How You’ll Qualify
- Three (3) years of professional experience, including one year of executive, campaign, and/or elected official scheduling experience comparable to the posted duties.
Note: Experience and education may be substituted for one another on a year-for-year basis.
You’re a Great Fit with
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Administration, Political Science, or a related degree.
Other Things to Know and When You Should Apply
It’s a great job for a professional who likes to use their technical skills to provide operational assistance to the Office of the Governor. Apply now by submitting a state of Texas application. Applications are reviewed daily.
Telework opportunities are available upon request. Reliable internet is required. Alternate work schedules and telework may be discussed with the hiring manager during the interview process.
Veterans, Reservists, or members of the Guard can compare this position to Military Occupations (MOS) at the Texas State Auditor's Office.
How to Apply
Applications are received only through Work In Texas. The OOG requires all sections of the state application to be completed. Omission of data on the state application is grounds for disqualification of the application. Requests for accommodation should be made to the Human Resources office as early as possible in the application/employment process.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Office of the Governor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires all new employees to present proof of eligibility to work in the United States within three (3) days of being hired. The Office of the Governor participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Male candidates between 18 and 25 years of age are required to show proof of Selective Service registration (or exemption) prior to an offer of employment being extended. Such proof is not required to be filed with an application but must be provided upon request by the Human Resources office. For additional information pertaining to Selective Service registration, you may visit www.sss.gov. View a copy of the Agency's Equal Employment Opportunity Utilization Report.
Notice to Applicants Who May Require Reasonable Accommodation in the Interview Process
Applicants with disabilities who may need to discuss special accommodations during the interview process should email the OOG’s Reasonable Accommodation Program Manager or call 512-463-8315 in the Human Resources Department. If reasonably possible, please call at least 48 hours in advance to afford our representative and the hiring division sufficient time to properly review and coordinate your request.
Contact Human Resources