Texas shines as a beacon of hope, prosperity, and freedom!
As the ninth-largest economy in the world, the Lone Star State is an economic and innovation powerhouse offering unmatched opportunities for families and businesses to grow and succeed. Texas continues to lead as a top state for population growth, for job creation, and for attracting job-creating capital investments—thanks to our unwavering commitment to economic freedom and our young, educated, and diverse workforce.
To broaden the path to prosperity for more Texas families, we delivered on our promises in the 87th Legislative Sessions to build a healthier, safer, freer, and more prosperous future for all Texans.
Among our top priorities were ensuring Texans have access to high-quality healthcare, improving public safety, protecting personal liberty, getting Texans back to work, and further unleashing the state’s robust, resilient economy.
Over the coming months, we will continue to build on these successes for the people of this great state.
A better, stronger Texas together.
— Governor Greg Abbott
As the world continues to battle COVID-19, we have advanced strategies that protect Texans from the virus and are developing long-term solutions to provide Texans better access to healthcare by:
- Expanding access to voluntary COVID-19 vaccinations across the state.
- Expanding telemedicine so that every Texan in every region of the state can benefit.
- Building on past accomplishments to expand mental health support to Texans.
- Extending coverage to pregnant women enrolled in Medicaid to 6 months post pregnancy.
Texas has always been a law-and-order state, and we must keep it that way. In the 87th Legislative Sessions, we ensured that our law enforcement officers will have the support and resources they need to keep Texans safe by:
- Fortifying our efforts to secure our border and expanding efforts to crack down on human trafficking and drug smuggling.
- Preventing cities from defunding the police.
- Providing law enforcement with tools and training to ensure the safety that their communities deserve.
- Enhancing public safety protections.
- Reforming a flawed bail system to keep dangerous criminals off our streets.
Whether you’re a newcomer to our state or your family has been here for generations, we all unite around the ideals of freedom and personal liberty. We have a duty to keep Texas the freedom capital of America. In the 87th Legislative Sessions, we accomplished this by:
- Preventing any government entity from shutting down religious activities in Texas.
- Protecting Second Amendment rights in Texas.
- Passing laws to protect election integrity.
- Protecting Texans from wrongful censorship on social media platforms.
- Ensuring every unborn child with a heartbeat will be saved from the ravages of abortion.
Texas is a land of unmatched economic opportunity, and we must continue to foster an environment that encourages new investments, entrepreneurship, and job creation. In the 87th Legislative Sessions, we continued to unleash our economic might, expand opportunity, and create a brighter future for generations of Texans to come by:
- Balancing the budget without raising taxes.
- Establishing civil liability protections for individuals, businesses, and healthcare providers that operated safely during the pandemic.
- Expanding broadband access throughout the state.
- Improving reliability of the electric grid.
- Providing regulatory relief for businesses, preventing a large spike in unemployment insurance rates, and ensuring PPP loan forgiveness is not taxable.
- Providing property tax relief.
- Investing in workforce development to ensure a continuing pipeline of skilled Texans for Texas jobs.