Travel Accounts Payable Accountant (Accountant III)
Trabajo No.: 2023-121
- No. de trabajo TWC: 16171594
- Fecha de apertura: 8/31/2023
- Requiere viajar: N/A
- Salario mensual: $4,583.34 - $5,000.00
- Ubicación de puesto: Austin
- Paso de grupo: B17
- Clase: 1016
- Status: Open
Travel Accounts Payable Accountant - Austin, Texas
The Office of the Governor is looking for a Travel Accounts Payable Accountant (Accountant III) to work in the Financial Services Division.
Who We Are
The Office of the Governor works to build a healthier, safer, freer, and more prosperous future for all Texans. We are located primarily within the Texas State Capitol Complex in Austin.
What You'll Earn
The salary is $4,583.34 - $5,000.00 a month ($55,000.08 - $60,000.00 a year).
Benefits include medical insurance, sick leave, and vacation leave. Also, State of Texas employees are eligible for a defined retirement plan. Learn more: https://www.ers.texas.gov/Active-Employees/Health-Benefits
What You'll Do
This is a job that supports all accounting functions performed within the Financial Services Division, with a focus on processing travel and payment vouchers.
- Supports all functions performed within the Financial Services Division.
- Prepares/processes OOG payment vouchers. Ensures all required and proper documentation is attached and verifiable.
- Assist with processing and auditing travel vouchers in accordance with guidelines set forth in Comptroller's textravel and OOG's travel policies and procedures
- Assist with travel related matters such as Hotel Engine platform and state travel contract vendors.
- Reviews travel requisitions for accuracy and compliance with OOG policies and procedures and state/federal statues.
- Reconciles and processes OOG's monthly procurement card with Citibank.
How You'll Qualify
Three (3) years of accounting experience.
Note: Experience and education may be substituted for one another on a year-for-year basis. Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) will substitute for two (2) years of experience.
You're a Great Fit with
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Experience as a State of Texas employee in accounting, with focus on travel matters.
- Knowledge of Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System Financials (CAPPS Financials) and uniform statewide Accounting System (USAS).
Other Things to Know and When You Should Apply
It's a great job for a professional who is pursuing a career in government accounting. Apply now by submitting a state of Texas application. Applications are reviewed daily.
Tele-work opportunities are available upon request. Reliable internet is required. Alternate work schedules and tele work may be discussed with the hiring manager during the interview process.
Veterans, Reservists, or members of the Guard can compare this position to Military Occupations (MOS) at the Texas State Auditor's Office.
How to Apply
Applications are received only through Work In Texas. The OOG requires all sections of the state application to be completed. Omission of data on the state application is grounds for disqualification of the application. Requests for accommodation should be made to the Human Resources office as early as possible in the application/employment process.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Office of the Governor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires all new employees to present proof of eligibility to work in the United States within three (3) days of being hired. The Office of the Governor participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Male candidates between 18 and 25 years of age are required to show proof of Selective Service registration (or exemption) prior to an offer of employment being extended. Such proof is not required to be filed with an application but must be provided upon request by the Human Resources office. For additional information pertaining to Selective Service registration, you may visit www.sss.gov. View a copy of the Agency's Equal Employment Opportunity Utilization Report.
Notice to Applicants Who May Require Reasonable Accommodation in the Interview Process
Applicants with disabilities who may need to discuss special accommodations during the interview process should email the OOG’s Reasonable Accommodation Program Manager or call 512-463-8315 in the Human Resources Department. If reasonably possible, please call at least 48 hours in advance to afford our representative and the hiring division sufficient time to properly review and coordinate your request.
Contact Human Resources