Texas offers companies of all sizes and across all industries one of the best business climates in the nation, with a fair, transparent tax and regulatory structure designed for businesses to succeed.
With no corporate or personal income tax at the state level, companies operating in Texas enjoy one of the lowest overall tax burdens in the country. Texas is committed to maintaining its position as the best state for business, and recently passed legislation providing over $4 billion in tax relief for businesses. Not to mention, Texas is home to one of the largest, most competitive deal-closing funds in the nation, the Texas Enterprise Fund.
Powered by 50 Fortune 500 companies, thousands of international businesses and small businesses, and a diverse, skilled workforce of 13.5 million, the Texas economy is the 10th largest when compared to the nations of the world.
Texas prides itself on being a right-to-work state, and will continue to make strategic investments to ensure it maintains our competitive advantage, allowing businesses to prosper and grow.
For all of these reasons, Texas, time and time again, is able to garner the accolades below:
- 2017 Best of the Best State for Business, CNBC
- Texas wins Site Selection Magazine’s Governor’s Cup for the 6th year in a row and the 14th time overall
- CEOs ranked Texas the “Best State for Business” for the 14th year in a row, Chief Executive Magazine
- Texas wins Area Development’s Shovel Award for 12th consecutive year
- 2017 Best State Business Climate, Business Facilities