Film Friendly Texas Workshops
The next "How to Become a Film Friendly Texas Certified Community" workshop will take place during the in-person Film Friendly Texas Forum on May 19-20, 2022 at the iconic Southfork Ranch in Parker, Texas.
The Film Friendly Texas Forum will offer:
- Expanded workshop and industry panel programming that includes new professional development opportunities for Film Friendly Texas community partners
- Networking events and mentorship opportunities
- Community day with live music, games, food, and fun!
"HOW TO BECOME A FILM FRIENDLY TEXAS CERTIFIED COMMUNITY" WORKSHOP OVERVIEW*
Attendance of a "How to Become a Film Friendly Texas Certified Community" workshop by a community representative, who will then go on to serve as the community’s designated Film Friendly Texas liaison for receiving and facilitating media production inquiries, is one of the three required steps for Film Friendly Texas certification.
The Texas Film Commission advises communities to send members of their city or county government, Convention and Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Corporation or a similar local government entity to attend the training workshop. While all are welcome to attend a workshop, a community’s designated Film Friendly Texas liaison must be employed by a division of the city or county’s local government.
The following topics are addressed in the workshop:
- An overview of the media production industries of Texas
- How media production generates economic development & job creation for Texas communities
- How locations are selected from by productions
- What to expect when working with different types of productions
- How to create effective filming guidelines for your community
- Use of public property for media production purposes
- Location agreements, production insurance, safety on set and neighbor notifications
- Film Friendly Texas community highlights and case studies
*Our standard Film Friendly Texas Workshops will resume in Summer of 2022.