Film Friendly Texas Workshops
If you have questions about payment or online registration for the Film Friendly Workshop in Waco, please contact Celeste Cavazos with the Texas Rural Challenge at: (210) 458-2046 or celeste.cavazos[at]utsa.edu.
If you have questions about the Film Friendly Texas program, please contact Kim LeBlanc, Production & Community Relations Specialist with the Texas Film Commission at: (512) 463-9200 or kim.leblanc[at]gov.texas.gov.
Attendance of a Film Friendly Texas workshop by a community representative, who will then go on to serve as the community’s point-of-contact for film inquiries, is one of the three required steps for Film Friendly certification. Most communities will choose a member of their city or county government, Convention and Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce or Economic Development Corporation.
There is a $99 registration fee for the workshop and it is the only charge for participation in the Film Friendly Texas program. The one-day Film Friendly workshop will address topics including:
- An overview of the Texas media production industries
- Film as a means of Economic Development
- How film locations are chosen
- What to expect when working with different types of productions
- Expediting film inquiries
- Use of public property for filming locations
- Location agreements, production insurance and neighbor notification documents
- How to create effective filming guidelines for your community
- Film Friendly Certified community case studies