Film Friendly Texas Workshops
There are no workshops scheduled at this time. If you are interested in future workshops,
please contact Kim LeBlanc, Production & Community Relations Specialist.
"HOW TO BECOME A FILM FRIENDLY TEXAS CERTIFIED COMMUNITY" WORKSHOP OVERVIEW*
Attendance of a "How to Become a Film Friendly Texas Certified Community" workshop by a community representative, who will then go on to serve as the community’s designated Film Friendly Texas liaison for receiving and facilitating media production inquiries, is one of the three required steps for Film Friendly Texas certification.
The Texas Film Commission advises communities to send members of their city or county government, Convention and Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Corporation or a similar local government entity to attend the training workshop. While all are welcome to attend a workshop, a community’s designated Film Friendly liaison must be employed by a division of the city or county’s local government.
The following topics are addressed in the workshop:
- An overview of the media production industries of Texas
- How media production generates economic development & job creation for Texas communities
- How locations are selected from by productions
- What to expect when working with different types of productions
- How to create effective filming guidelines for your community
- Use of public property for media production purposes
- Location agreements, production insurance, safety on set and neighbor notifications
- Film Friendly certified community highlights and case studies
- Panel discussions between Film Friendly community liaisons and media industry professionals
*Our standard Film Friendly Texas Workshops will resume in Summer of 2022.