Film Friendly Texas Workshops
Registration is now open for the Film Friendly Texas Forum! We are excited to welcome statewide community representatives to Southfork Ranch (home of the iconic TV series Dallas) on Sep. 24 - 25, 2021. This event provides continuing education and professional development opportunities to Film Friendly Texas certified communities and serves as an invitation for all communities to begin the Film Friendly Texas certification process.
Attendance of a Film Friendly Texas training workshop by a community representative, who will then go on to serve as the community’s designated Film Friendly liaison for receiving and facilitating media production inquiries, is one of the three required steps for Film Friendly certification.
The Texas Film Commission advises communities to send members of their city or county government, Convention and Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Corporation or a similar local government entity to attend the training workshop. While all are welcome to attend a workshop, a community’s designated Film Friendly liaison must be employed by a division of the city or county’s local government.
The following topics are addressed in the workshop:
- An overview of the media production industries of Texas
- How media production generates economic development & job creation for Texas communities
- How locations are selected from by productions
- What to expect when working with different types of productions
- How to create effective filming guidelines for your community
- Use of public property for media production purposes
- Location agreements, production insurance, safety on set and neighbor notifications
- Film Friendly certified community highlights and case studies
- Panel discussions between Film Friendly community liaisons and media industry professionals