Texas Production Directory - Rules & Requirements
The Texas Production Directory is a free online resource for the media industries of Texas, as well as around the world. Industry professionals search the Directory on our website for talented Texas freelance individuals, companies and associations.
- Listing in the Directory is FREE. Each listing allows you to choose up to eight (8) categories, with seven (7) credits per category.
- The Directory is GREEN. The application process is online and accessible at any time.
- There are NO application deadlines. Because everything is online, listings may be created at any time and are valid for one year.
Our online application typically takes between 10-20 minutes to complete. We suggest collecting all your contact information and past job history materials before you start the application process, allowing you to fill it out in a timely manner.
Prerequisites to List
- Applicant must have a Texas address.
- Applicant must provide at least one paid, verifiable, professional media industry (film, television, commercial, animation or video game) Job Credit that corresponds with each selected Category.
- Applicants are highly encouraged to include an active link to their website, IMDb profile or other page detailing their professional experience.
Note: Applicants who fail to follow the listed prerequisites or fail to provide accurate or complete information will not have their listing approved.
Additional Prerequisites for Specific Categories
Associations - Industry Association:
- Association must be a media industry-related (film, television, commercial, animation or video game) organization.
- Association must be regional to Texas or recognized as a national organization.
Festivals & Conferences - Conference:
- Conference must be related to film, television, commercial, animation or video games.
- Conference must be an annual event that takes place in Texas and be in its second year or later.
- Conference must be an event comprised of panels and speakers for the purpose of education, and may include a trade show and/or networking opportunities.
Festivals & Conferences - Film & Video Festival:
- Festival must be an annual event that takes place in Texas and be in its second year or later.
- Festival is encouraged to have a competition of submitted entries; not solely a retrospective exhibition.
- Screenings are open to festival attendees and/or public attendance.
Film Commissions - Regional Film Commission:
- The Commission receives financial support from the city/local government.
- The Commission must be the designated, authorized film liaison for that city/region.
- The Commission must be a member of the Association of Film Commissioners International (AFCI).
Schools - Animation School, Film School, and Video Game School; Continuing Education; and K-12 Distance Learning:
- Animation, Film and Video Game Schools must be institutions that offer courses related to film, television, commercial, animation or video games, and are recognized by either the Texas Higher Education Coordination Board or the Texas Workforce Commission.
- Continuing Education must be an organization located in Texas that offers educational programming for the film, television, commercial, animation or video game industries.
- K-12 Distance Learning must be state accredited school programs located in Texas.