Tax Refunds on Fuels Used Off Road

You may receive a refund of taxes paid on gasoline used in generators, boats, or in unlicensed vehicles such as tractors. Original invoices must be presented when claiming fuel tax refunds. Taxpayers have one year from the date of purchase to claim a refund. To make a claim, complete the Texas Claim for Refund of Gasoline Fuel Taxes Form and follow the submission instructions.

You may also receive permission to purchase tax exempt dyed diesel fuel for use off the road by completing the Texas Dyed Diesel Fuel Registration Form.

Additional Online Resources

Further Information
For more information, contact:

The Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Lyndon B. Johnson State Office Building
111 East 17th Street
Austin, Texas 78774
(800) 252-1383