Rules & Requirements
The Texas Film Commission provides the Job Hotline as a free resource to the public that lists current and upcoming professional film, television (scripted and reality), webisode / web series, animation and game projects filming in Texas. The Hotline is updated daily when there is new or updated information. Approved applications will be posted within two business days of receipt.
The Hotline has four sections:
- Crew Calls - Employment opportunities for crew and technicians.
- Casting Calls - Opportunities for actors, talent and extras.
- Game and Animation Jobs - Job openings at companies that specialize in animation, computer, mobile and video game production.
- Call for Entries - Information on submitting film / television projects and screenplays to Texas-based film festivals and competitions.
Requirements to List
Crew and Casting Calls
- The project must have filming dates planned for Texas.
- All projects posted must adhere to local, state and federal employment and labor laws and regulations.
- The listing must be for a specific project.
- Student projects (projects in which participants receive course credit) are not eligible to list.
- The project must have its production funding in place.
- Projects may not charge any fees for the application or audition process.
- Applications must be accompanied by a script (standard script format; narrative film and television projects) or treatment (reality and documentary projects) emailed to film [at] gov.texas.gov. (PDF or Word documents only). Scripts will be reviewed for length and inappropriate content. The Texas Film Commission may refuse Hotline listings based on content. Scripts less than 60 pages are classified as shorts, those with more than 60 pages are features.
Game and Animation Jobs
- The job must be located in Texas.
Call for Entries
- The festival / competition must be based in Texas and open to statewide participation.
How to List
Crew and Casting Calls
- Complete an online Hotline Application and email a complete script (PDF or Word Documents only) to the Texas Film Commission at film [at] gov.texas.gov. Include the project working title and applicant contact information in the email.
- Casting call listings should include a breakdown in the 'Casting Description' field on the application with the character name, gender, age range and brief physical description (gender, age, etc.). Open calls must include the date, time and location. Casting calls must be open to the public and include the date, time and location for the call as well.
Game and Animation Positions
- Send an email to film [at] gov.texas.gov with the company name, location and link to job posting / employment page on the company’s website.
Calls for Entries
- Send an email to film [at] gov.texas.gov with the call description and submission deadline dates.
Please contact the Texas Film Commission with any corrections or errors at film [at] gov.texas.gov or 512-463-9200. Corrections will be made as soon as possible.
Listings on the Job Hotline are limited to productions and projects which comply with the above rules. The rules are effective immediately and subject to change. Exceptions may be considered on a case-by-case basis. The Texas Film Commission reserves the right to refuse to list a project or to remove a listing at any time.