Manor, Texas (Travis County)
Photo Credit: The Cele Store
The Cele Store was first established as the Richland Saloon in 1891. It was purchased by Marilyn Weiss and the late Marvin Weiss in 1951 and run continuously for 56 years. In December of 2007, the store closed briefly but was reopened on September 6th 2008 by Brandon Fuchs, grandson of Marilyn and Marvin Weiss. According to the owners, "We do not use a “RUB” on our brisket and ribs. We simply use salt & pepper. The secret to our great tasting BBQ is our pit, which was built in 1964 and has been “seasoned” over the years. No pit cooks quite like our brick pit!"
- Once again, our van full of characters happens upon a dusty gas station on a lonesome road on their way through Texas going to a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert. The station may have gas this time 'round, but the characters don't find any Texas hospitality from the folks working the store.