Texas Films at the 2017 Austin Film Festival
The Texas Film Commission is proud to be a Community Partner for made-in-Texas films at the 2017 Austin Film Festival. These projects shot in Texas, included Texas cast and crew, and may have utilized some of our resources and services.
Amanda & Jack Go Glamping
(Narrative, Dir. Brandon Dickerson)
Filmed in Elgin by Texas writer/director.
An American in Texas
(Narrative, Dir. Anthony Pedone)
Filmed in Canyon, Victoria & Corpus Christi by Texas writer/director.
HERE WE ARE
(Narrative, Dir. David Bellarosa)
Filmed in Austin by Texas writer/director.
(Narrative, Dirs. Mark Dennis, Ben Foster)
Filmed in Austin and Sonora by Texas writer/directors.
Shorts Program 10: Everything's Shorter in Texas
The collection of six short films include projects that filmed from Austin to the deserts of west Texas.
Additional films and series with Texas ties include:
- Into the Who Knows! (Feature, Dir. Micah Barber) • Filmed in Austin, Gruene, Spicewood & Uncertain by Texas filmmaker.
- Raggedy Man (Feature, Dir. Jack Fisk) • Filmed near San Marcos by Texas writer William D. Wittliff.
- Buttercup (Short, Dir. Jason Neulander) • Produced in Texas by Texas filmmaker.
- Texas Cotton (Short, Dir. Tyler Russell) • Filmed in Spicewood by Texas filmmaker.
- History of Magic: Ensueño (Animated Short, Dir. Jose Luis Gonzales) • Produced in Texas by Texas filmmaker.
- The Beginning and Ending of Everything (Series, Dir. Ya'Ke Smith) • Filmed in Texas by Texas filmmaker.
- Young Filmmakers Shorts
- Awake (Dir. Tyler Taliaferro) • Filmed in Austin by Texas filmmaker.
- Katham (Dir. Devan Prabkahar) • Filmed in Dallas by Texas filmmaker.
- The Strangest Dream (Dir. Arianna Munoz) • Filmed in San Antonio by Texas filmmaker.
- Two of Five Million (Dirs. Socs & DZ Zavitsanos) • Filmed in Houston by Texas filmmaker.
Congratulations to all of the Texas-based filmmakers and Texas-made projects screening at AFF 2017!