Texas Film Commission to bring Film Friendly Texas Workshop to Plainview
PLAINVIEW, TEXAS - The Texas Film Commission will bring its Film Friendly Workshop to Plainview, Texas. The workshop is being held in partnership with the High Ground of Texas on Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
The Film Friendly Texas program provides ongoing training and guidance to statewide municipal leaders and community representatives on how to effectively market their communities as filming destinations and how to efficiently accommodate on-location filming activity.
Whether it's for a two-day television commercial or a two-month feature film, the Texas Film Commission works to ensure that all Texas communities are equipped to welcome filmmakers in a way that benefits local businesses, residents and the community at large.
There are three steps a community must take in order to be designated by the Texas Film Commission as a Film Friendly certified community:
- Attended a Film Friendly Texas training workshop, which includes guidance regarding best practices and how to effectively accommodate on-location filming activity.
- Submitted photo coverage of potential filming locations for inclusion in the Texas Film Commission location database.
- Passed administratively enforceable filming guidelines.
There is a $99 registration fee for the workshop which is the only charge for participation in the Film Friendly program. This one-day workshop will run from approximately 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM and will include a light, complimentary breakfast as well as a complimentary boxed lunch for all workshop attendees.
The workshop will include panel sessions with industry professionals and will address topics including:
- An overview of the Texas media production industries
- How filming locations are chosen
- What to expect when working with different types of productions
- Expediting filming inquiries
- Use of public property for filming locations
- Location agreements, production insurance and neighbor notifications
- How to create effective filming guidelines
Questions? Please contact Kim LeBlanc, Production & Community Relations Specialist with the Texas Film Commission at: kim.leblanc[at]gov.texas.gov