Texas Crew Productions Internship
- Tipo de proyecto: Industry
- Estado de pago: Unpaid
- Compañía / Estudio de producción: Texas Crew Productions
- Ubicación: Austin, TX
- Programa de filmación: 15-20+ Hour Weekly Schedule
Texas Crew Productions is an Austin-based unscripted television and documentary production company with over a dozen Emmy Awards and high profile projects on a wide variety of networks including Peacock, Discovery, ESPN, HISTORY, NBC, Oxygen, FOX Sports, Animal Planet, and Longhorn Network. We’re an innovative company seeking hardworking and self-starting individuals who are interested in learning any/all aspects of the production process. We want to bring in talented, creative people who can think critically about the medium of television, and bring new, fresh ideas into our corner of the industry.
This is a unique unpaid internship opportunity that can cover anything from development, research, and onsite production to editing and post-production. As a production intern, you will put your creative skills to work as you work in multiple areas of the production process; assisting in development of ideas, editing, pre and post production activities, scripting rough cuts, research and any tasks required to complete a production. We are now hiring on a rolling basis and looking for interns who can commit to a 15-20+ hour weekly schedule during normal business hours from January to May (Spring Semester), May to August (Summer Semester) and August to December (Fall Semester). You will need reliable transportation and a laptop computer.
Although the internship is unpaid, we do offer opportunities to go out on shoots and be paid a day rate when available.
- Research topics using a variety of sources, including video archives, the internet, library archives and others as needed.
- Communicate with writers, directors, managers and other members of staff to ensure a smooth running of the project.
- Run errands such as purchasing supplies, props, equipment, food and other necessary items for the project.
- Produce and edit video content that adhere to company guidelines and standards to share on online channels, including social media and YouTube.
- Provide assistance as needed in all components of the production, including sound, lighting, camera, editing and post-production.
- Perform other duties as requested by staff to ensure all necessary tasks are performed in a proficient manner that adheres to the quality expected from the company.
Jobs Skills & Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in accredited college or university with ability to receive credit or Recently graduated from an accredited college or university
- Proficient in a variety of computer software
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of social media channels
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with NLEs (AVID, Premiere), Adobe CS a plus
If interested, please send your resume, cover letter and semester of interest (fall, spring, summer) to:
Enviar currículos a:
As with any workplace, the film and television industries can present a wide range of potential occupational health and safety hazards to workers. The Texas Film Commission expects all productions, regardless of budget to employ best practices such as establishing a workplace harassment prevention policy as well as maintaining overall industry safety standards in order to encourage and accomplish safety on set. Please visit the Safety On Set page for additional industry safety resources as well as information about employee rights and laws in Texas.
Proyecto publicado September 15, 2023