Texas Sounds & Cities Conference Comes To Fort Worth on April 26
TEXAS SOUNDS & CITIES is a one-day conference filled with live music, conversation and collaboration to keep our great state’s music scene moving forward. Join Visit Fort Worth and the Office of the Governor's Texas Music Office for a one-day conference about promoting music in our communities. Keep our great state’s music scene growing. Whether you’re in tourism or economic development, a musician, educator or music-lover, we hope to see you there!
This conference is ideal for communities interested in becoming music-friendly certified by the State of Texas and others wanting to work more closely with musicians and the local music eco-system.
Space is limited. Register here:
Hear from industry experts from Sound Diplomacy, the Texas Music Office and many more.
Schedule · Friday, April 26, 2019
- 8:30 AM - Arrival: Coffee Bar & Breakfast
- 8:45 AM - Video Welcome from Texas Governor Greg Abbott
- 9:00 AM - Music Friendly Cities Discussion & Showcase
- 10:00 AM - Build a Thriving Music Scene in Your City
- 10:45 AM - Bloody Mary Break by Black Eyed Distilling
- 11:00 AM - Funding & Development: Financial industry experts share tips and resources for fundraising and building support...
- 11:45 AM - Austin: Live Music Capital of the World. Learn from the individuals & orgs who are at the forefront of marketing Austin.
- 12:30 PM - Lunch: Tacos from Salsa Limon
- 2:15 PM - House of Songs: A Conversation with Troy Campbell
- 3:00 PM - Break: Almas Popsicles & Treats and Acre Distilling
- 3:15 PM - Making Places for Music: Learn how cities are getting creative and creating community spaces for live music.
- 4:00 PM - Closing Conversation with Brendon Anthony: Musician to Be Announced
- 4:45 PM - Closing Happy Hour with Wild Acre Brewery + Live Music