Texas Songwriter U Submission Deadline is November 21, 2022
Texas Songwriter U (TxSU) is an annual songwriting development program consisting of a songwriting competition, educational workshop and showcase event. Season 8 of Texas Songwriter U (TxSU) opened for submissions on September 26, 2022 and the deadline to apply is November 21, 2022.
Founded in 2014, the mission of TxSU serves to identify, develop and support the best adult songwriters in Texas, while improving upon the quality and quantity of professional songwriting across our state. Texas Songwriter U is a 501(c)(3) non-profit fully supported with the help of American country music artist Jack Ingram, Broadcast Music, Inc (BMI), and The Texas Heritage Songwriters’ Association. Without question, Texas has always produced more than its fair share of excellent songwriters over the years. The goal of TxSU is to keep the art and craft of songwriting alive and well in the great state of Texas. Each year, TxSU is in communication with universities, communications outlets, music departments, Texas artists, venues, songwriter associations, and recording studios to discover emerging songwriters and assist them in becoming better songwriters.
We encourage Texas native and resident songwriters over the age of 18 to participate in Texas Songwriter U. Eight All-Star finalists are invited to Austin and provided workshop development, industry access, and performance opportunities. At the conclusion of each program, one selected songwriting winner becomes the recipient of such goodwill as co-writes, performances, festivals, residencies, studio time, and a new guitar.
- Applicants have to be born in Texas, currently reside in Texas, or have lived here 5 years. (Verification may be required)
- Applicants have to be a minimum age of 18. (Verification may be required)
- Any genre of music is accepted.
- Two MP3 songs may be uploaded per applicant.
- A $25 processing fee is required. Payable by credit or debit card.
- Songs are scored by music industry professionals based on songwriting skill, talent and potential.
- Songs can be co-written.
- Self-publishing is accepted.
- Uploaded songs may be sung by someone other than the applicant.
- Previous winners are not eligible to win again.