Independent Venue Week Accepting Applications for 2020 Edition
INDEPENDENT VENUE WEEK debuted in Texas July 8 - 14, 2019, with independently owned music venues joining an annual international series of shows, bringing together music venues, rising and established artists, promoters, labels, media, and tastemakers. Texas featured one of highest number of participating venues of any state with shows in Amarillo, Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio.
The free-to-participate music series is currently accepting applications from independent venues for its 2020 edition to take place next summer.
Independent venues can register for the 2020 edition here:
WHAT DOES BEING PART OF INDEPENDENT VENUE WEEK (#IVW20) MEAN, PRACTICALLY?
- Independent Venue Week is a seven-day celebration of independent music venues and a nod to the people that own, run, and work in them.
- Independent Venue Week is free for venues to participate in.
- Largely, it's business as usual. The week is venue-curated, and Independent Venue Week helps build a national campaign to amplify the great work you're already doing.
- Events featured on independentvenueweek.com must be ticketed and artists must be paid.
- Independent Venue Week will have an in-venue presence (physical or digital signage, staff in branded t-shirts, etc.) at all Independent Venue Week shows during the week it takes place.
- Shows that Independent Venue Week features are to be listed as "part of Independent Venue Week" or "during Independent Venue Week" in programming.