October 15, 2017
About Rockin' Star Ranch, Brenham, TX
About the Event:
Back to the event calendar
Following a successful inaugural year that showcased 13 Texas chefs competing for the Golden Cleaver award to a crowd of nearly 500, The Butcher's Ball is back - scheduled for Oct. 15, 2017 at beautiful Rockin' Star Ranch in Brenham, Texas! The meat-focused food and drink event aims to highlight local ranchers adhering to ethical and sustainable ranching practices.
Due to the widespread devastation across southeast Texas caused by Hurricane Harvey, many local farmers and ranchers experienced loss to their businesses. The Butcher's Ball will be raising funds through our charity partner Piggy Bank, in conjunction with the Trust for Conservation Innovation, to be distributed directly to those growers and producers who were affected by the storm.
This year's Butcher's Ball will welcome over 40 leaders in all aspects of the industry. Guests will eat, drink, dance and learn through a lineup of programming including:
* The Golden Cleaver showdown
* A live music series headlined by Texas legend Dale Watson, with support from White Ghost Shivers, Will Van Horn Trio and Vinyl Ranch
* Butchering from Texas' award-winning butchers
* Panel discussions focusing on issues facing the food industry featuring an array of culinary leaders including Ford Fry, Felix Florez and Brady Lowe
* Cocktails and spirits curated by Julep's Alba Huerta
* An early morning Boucherie v. Matanza competition hosted by Felix Florez of Black Hill Ranch
All spread amongst Rockin' Star Ranch's luxurious ballroom, pool, arena and fields.