Fellowships and Intern Positions
Do you see a future career in public service? How far could a student internship take you? The Texas Governor's Fellowship program could be the next stepping stone for your career in public service. The OOG Fellowship program offers college students and recent graduates valuable experience and exposure to state government by providing opportunities to work alongside OOG staff in a variety of different fields. As an OOG intern, you can help make a difference while learning about the different facets of state government. Opportunities are on an unpaid basis only and the OOG is committed to working with students who are seeking course credit for their internship time. Apply now! You might be surprised.
Benefits of the Texas Governor’s Fellowship Program
- Give students an overview of state government by working closely with staff in the Office of the Governor.
- Provide students with experience in a working office environment.
- Enhance appreciation of public service.
Fellows are assigned to work with the Governor’s staff.
- Performs support work for division program areas
- Provides project assistance
- Conducts research as requested for various projects
- Prepares correspondence, reports, studies, forms and documents
- May research, compose, design, or edit agency publications, forms, manuals, and charts
- Assists with special projects
Fellowships are unpaid. They are available to both college students and recent graduates.
- Spring: January 1 - May 31 - Apply now!
- Summer: June 1 - August 31
- Fall: September 1 - December 31
How to Apply
Interested students must submit a Texas Governor's Fellowship Program application and resume. Students may request an application by contacting the Human Resources Division.
Applications can be:
- Mailed to Texas Governor's Office Attn:
P.O. Box 12428
Austin, Texas 78711
- Dropped off at State Insurance Building:
1100 San Jacinto
Austin, Texas 78701
- Faxed to: (512) 463-8464
- Emailed to: humanresources [at] gov.texas.gov
(Subject Line: Texas Governor Fellowship Applicant)
Fellowships May be Available in the Following Offices
- Appointments Office
- Budget & Policy
- Constituent Communications
- Criminal Justice Division
- Economic Development
- General Counsel
- Governor’s Mansion
- Homeland Security Grants Division
- Human Resources
- Legislative Office
- Office of the First Lady
- Office of State & Federal Relations
- Office of Economic Development Finance
- Research and Economic Analysis Department
- Scheduling & Advance
- Texas Tourism
- Texas Business Development
- Texas Military Preparedness Commission
For more information on each division, please visit the organization page.