TXMPA Executive Director
- Project Type: Industry
- Pay Status: Paid
- Production Company / Studio: Texas Motion Picture Alliance (TXMPA)
- Location: Texas
Texas Motion Picture Alliance is currently seeking an Executive Director. Via TXMPA:
The TXMPA Executive Director works closely with the TXMPA Board of directors to provide administrative, operational, educational and outreach support to our advocacy organization working on behalf of the Film, TV, Commercial and Video Game industry in Texas. This person will be expected to work productively with industry members and legislative representatives across the state.
- Position Title: TXMPA Executive Director
- Minimum Starting Salary: $12 - $14k/annually
- Shift: Part Time/Hours May Vary
- Location: Texas
- Reports to: TXMPA Board of Directors
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed.)
- • Oversee the nonprofit organization and report to the Board of Directors.
- • Work to support and cultivate member involvement across the state.
- • Monitor and maintain website, eblasts, social media, Mailchimp, Wix, etc.
- • Perform administrative work as it relates to database and accounting for a non-profit.
- • Help to facilitate and create programming for industry and public.
- • Develop and maintain relationships with selected industry stakeholders and strategic partners.
- • Work closely with board of directors to facilitate legislative efforts.
- • Able to travel to or live near Austin.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions using some combination of skills and abilities.)
- • Knowledge of the Texas Moving Image Incentive Program (TMIIIP) legislation.
- • Basic understanding of state and local politics.
- • Advanced level of administrative and leadership skills required to effectively manage and develop team and individual contributors.
- • Exceptional oral and written communication skills in order to explain complex subject matter, promote collaboration and teamwork, build consensus, and persuade others.
- • Communications and social media savvy. Working knowledge of Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- • Responsible; self-directed; pro-active; excellent follow-through.
- • Fast learner to acquire sufficient, broad-based understanding of all relevant stakeholders and industry leaders.
- • Ability to communicate persuasively and effectively with various constituencies.
- • Excellent listening skills with an understanding of teamwork.
- • Working knowledge of Quickbooks, Wix, etc.
- • Must have high-level initiative and ability to work independently to handle responsibilities that are often unsupervised.
- • Ability to work creatively in a challenging environment where constructive suggestions/directions are encouraged.
- • Ability to develop and make presentations.
- • Superlative interpersonal skills: High degree of patience and tact, and must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
- • Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
- • Must be available and willing to travel to Texas locations as TXMPA determines necessary.
If interested and you meet the requirements, please email your resume and cover letter, describing your desire for the position and what would make you the right candidate, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions due by: December 15, 2017
Project posted November 17, 2017