The Other Side
- Project Type: Independent Feature
- Pay Status: Paid
- Production Company / Studio: Animal Kingdom
- Location: Rio Grande Valley
- Start Date: Friday, May 1, 2020
- Wrap Date: Wednesday, July 01, 2020
- Producer(s): Joshua Astrachan, Andrea Roa, Brad Becker-Parton, Julie O’Leary
- Director: Barbara Cigarroa
- Writer(s): Barbara Cigarroa
- Casting Director: Geraldine Baron, Salome Oggenfuss
Via OG Casting, currently seeking the following:
- Entry Level Casting Assistant
OG Casting is a NYC-based casting company currently working on the feature film THE OTHER SIDE shooting in the Rio Grande Valley in 2020. Seeking an on-the-ground entry level Casting Assistant in the Brownsville area to assist with casting this October/November. The ideal candidate is someone with a passion for film, curiosity about people and stories, great research skills, strong work ethic and excellent organizational and communication skills.
Applicants must be local to the Brownsville, TX area, and must be avail to assist in a freelance capacity in Oct/Nov 2019.
- Liaising with local talent and organizations
- Scouting local talent (non-professional actors)
- Taking pictures and video of talent
- Researching locations, resources and events for street scouting purposes
- Researching organizations and institutions for casting outreach purposes
- Assisting Casting Directors during casting and callbacks
- Managing, organizing and archiving casting materials and documents
QUALIFICATIONS OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Must be professional, committed, organized and attentive to details
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have great research skills and strategic thinking
- Team player who can also work independently
- Professional experience in film, production, or related field a plus
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
OGCASTING is a casting company run by NYC-based Casting Director duo Geraldine Barón + Salome Oggenfuss. We specialize in casting "real people," actors and models for film, advertising, theater, editorial and other media. Our client list includes: A24, PASTEL, Animal Kingdom, Somesuch, Adult Swim, Vogue, Instagram, Timberland, amongst several others. We share a passion for discovering unique people and stories, and our casting approach employs street casting, extensive research as well as sourcing talent from the world of actors, artists and social media to create a highly curated and authentic cast tailored to each project.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and brief cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org . *Please note this is for freelance position.
Submit resumes to:
As with any workplace, the film and television industries can present a wide range of potential occupational health and safety hazards to workers. The Texas Film Commission expects all productions, regardless of budget to employ best practices such as establishing a workplace harassment prevention policy as well as maintaining overall industry safety standards in order to encourage and accomplish safety on set. Please visit the Safety On Set page for additional industry safety resources as well as information about employee rights and laws in Texas.
Project posted October 18, 2019