Production Manager, Metadata Operations TV & Movies
- Project Type: Industry
- Pay Status: Paid
- Production Company / Studio: Apple
- Location: Austin
- Start Date: Friday, November 1, 2019
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything they do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts.
Join Apple, and help them leave the world better than they found it. Metadata is at the heart of Apple Media Products (AMP), powering key aspects of the customer experience including UI, search, and Siri. Metadata Operation is responsible for ensuring world-class quality and discoverability of AMP metadata. They’re looking for a self-motivated, resourceful project manager with a real passion for media metadata to take the TV App and Universal Search features to the next level. As part of the TV & movies metadata team, you will be responsible for building scalable processes, utilizing resources with maximum efficiency, and implementing technical and tactical solutions to boost our operational effectiveness. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
- 6+ years of experience in the digital media or technology industry
- 3+ years experience supervising contractors and vendors, including but not limited to sourcing and training, as well as delegating assignments and ensuring its completion.
- Solid ability to operate autonomously without onsite management support
- A deep understanding of complex large-scale media content management systems and how metadata affects the user experience
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get your hands in the data
- Extraordinary attention to detail, impeccable follow-through, and the ability to see how the details fit into the big picture
- Experience running multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy
- Ability to work with ambiguity, adaptable to rapidly changing requirements, decisive and willing to lead the hard calls
- Ability to strategize and innovate with proven track record for improving processes and building efficiencies
- Ability to facilitate productive discussions, build consensus within team and with cross-functional partners
- Ability to effectively and clearly scope projects, define and communicate action items and goals
- An uncanny ability to diagnose issues and persistence to see them through closure
- Passion for TV, Movies and other video content
To apply / submit your resume through this link.
As with any workplace, the film and television industries can present a wide range of potential occupational health and safety hazards to workers. The Texas Film Commission expects all productions, regardless of budget to employ best practices such as establishing a workplace harassment prevention policy as well as maintaining overall industry safety standards in order to encourage and accomplish safety on set. Please visit the Safety On Set page for additional industry safety resources as well as information about employee rights and laws in Texas.
Project posted October 30, 2019