- Project Type: Industry
- Pay Status: Paid
- Production Company / Studio: Cinestate
- Location: Dallas
Cinestate is hiring and Executive Assistant.
Deadlines for resumes is Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2017.
Movie producer Dallas Sonnier, the CEO of Cinestate, is looking for his next Assistant. His current assistant worked extremely hard and has been promoted as part of our company’s major growth occurring right now. This job opening is a once in a lifetime opportunity for someone obsessed with learning about the REAL movie business, but does not want to live in LA or NYC. We have a critically-acclaimed movie out now starring Vince Vaughn and another in post starring Mel Gibson, but that is just the tip of the iceberg, as our company is on a rocket ship of momentum right now.
This Assistant will be expected to work her/his tail off and be consistently available to help at all times. We are looking for the person who understands that an email received at 10 pm on a Saturday is as important as an email during business hours on Wednesday. Our new assistant will perform all administrative & personal tasks on behalf of the executive office, including but not limited to: extensive scheduling, rolling calls, travel coordination, and office management. This person must be a dedicated, fast learner who is ready to dive in, get their hands dirty, and never give up. Salary is entry-level, but the possibility for growth and promotion is ceiling-less (as proven by current employee successes).
We work hard like crazed maniacs when it comes to making great movies, but we are a loyal FAMILY and always lend a hand to one another when it comes down to business. We will fill this position with the RIGHT person, someone who will become an important piece of our growing team. Bachelor’s degree preferred and recent college grads with a focused interest in the entertainment industry are encouraged to apply.
Who We Are:
Cinestate is a Dallas-based entertainment company, founded by film producer Dallas Sonnier (BONE TOMAHAWK, SOME KIND OF HATE), that seeks to improve upon the entertainment status quo in three key ways: cultivating mutually beneficial relationships with visionary creators who want to see their projects made faithfully and distributed widely; eliminating the arbitrary separation between the mediums of books and film; and minimizing unnecessary production costs while fiercely protecting our creators’ work.
In its first year, Cinestate produced three feature films (BRAWL IN CELL BLOCK 99, PUPPET MASTER: THE LITTLEST REICH, and DRAGGED ACROSS CONCRETE), introduced the world to the ear movie experience known as an Audiostate with THE NARROW CAVES, and is set to publish the latest novel from S. Craig Zahler entitled HUG CHICKENPENNY: THE PANEGYRIC OF AN ANOMALOUS CHILD.Who You Are:
- • Understands business and wants to help grow one
- • Crazy about movies – especially genre films
- • A maniac about presentation – crossing every t and dotting every i
- • Interested in social media and the role it plays in business
- • Google Wizard
- • MS Suite Expert
- • Apple Calendar and Contacts Friendly
- • Priority manager
- • Excellent written and verbal communicator
- • Quick-witted problem solver
- • Adaptable to the needs and habits of your direct supervisor
- • Team player with the ability to anticipate changes and needs of the staff
- • Ninja with a 24/7 mentality and the ability to assist in a decentralized environment
- • Calm and cool under pressure and take on multiple tasks at once
- • Intuitive identifier of issues before they occur and able to plan option-based contingencies
- • Someone who knows when/how to be assertive to get things done
- • Quick to respond to requests and completely dependable on follow-through
- • Willing to work overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays
What You Will Do:
(including but not limited to)
- • Coordinate executive’s schedule and make appointments
- • Keep CEO on track and ahead of meetings, events, calls, etc.
- • Coordinate oftentimes complex travel arrangements for executive staff
- • Run errands for office and CEO
- • Administrative duties: filing, organization, scan/copy, data entry
- • Resolve general office issues (facilities, supplies, technological, etc.)
- • Coordinate and arrange meetings; prepare lunches, agendas, and office facilities
- • Greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate person
- • Provide support for company projects and events
- • Conduct research for projects
A Few Insights:
- • Listening and Communication Skills: You will be expected to follow instructions from your supervisor and relay messages or instructions to others on behalf of your supervisor – someone who can understand and execute those instructions with little or no follow up will excel.
- • People/Interpersonal Skills: You will work directly with the CEO and often act as their first line of communication between the outside world, potentially speaking with clients, other employees, and upper management.
- • Organizational Skills: You will be relied upon to keep the working day in order, scheduling and rescheduling meetings, travel plans, handling billing, etc.
- • Computer Skills: Writing emails, transcribing notes, faxing, copying, and creating spreadsheets or printing documents figure heavily in an assistant’s day.
- • Help get movies made!
- • Entertainment industry experience
- • Private screenings and events
- • We take two weeks off every Winter Holiday like you are back in college
In lieu of cover letter please submit a resume and concise (no more than one paragraph each) answers to the following questions:
- 1. What are your two favorite movie websites, and why?
- 2. What is your favorite horror film of all time and in the past 5 years, and why?
- 3. What is your favorite movie theater in the area, and why?
- 4. What was the most important presentation you’ve ever given in your life (or school), and tell us a little about it.
- 5. What is your favorite online article about business (examples could be from Fast Company magazine or from a business personality like Gary Vaynerchuk), and why?
- Submit résumés to:
Project posted October 11, 2017