- Project Type: Industry
- Pay Status: Unpaid
- Location: Dallas
- Start Date: Monday, September 16, 2019
Via EarthxFilm, currently seeking Interns in the following areas:
VR/AR, Film and Video, EDU, General Office, Events, Marketing and Special Projects for the following semesters:
- 9/16/19 - Fall
- 10/1/19 - Fall
- 1/13/20 - Spring
EarthxFilm offers internships each semester to undergraduate and graduate college students seeking credit, knowledge and experience.
It is the goal of EarthxFilm to partner with colleges and universities in the Texas Area that offer Film and/or marketing degrees, and/or degrees related to environmental science, and other degrees related to science and productivity, ecology, sustainability, and/or hospitality and any other degrees that fit the EarthxFilm mission.
These internships are designed to provide current students and recent grads with invaluable experience working with EarthxFilm, an environmental film festival with year round events and a component of EarthX, a leading environmental non-profit based in Dallas.
This internship will provide a unique opportunity to be involved in many exciting projects, with the potential to support donor and sponsor activities, festival events, public relations activities, and social media campaigns, corporate video production and marketing content creation. Interns will have the opportunity to work with various departments for a well rounded background and insite into the daily workings of a sophisticated film festival and will be supporting projects in their main area of interest.
All positions will be split between general office support and a speciality area of interest, such as film, marketing, programming or special projects and will include research, office assistance, EarthxFilm event coordination assistance and, in the spring, working at the EarthxFilm Festival.
The ideal candidate must be a college student currently pursuing a degree or a recent grad in film, journalism, communications, PR or marketing, hospitality or environmental sciences or sustainability with a strong interest in one of these areas. The ideal candidate will work 15-25 hours per week (flexible). This is an unpaid internship with numerous opportunities to interact with professionals and leaders within the environmental, business and media industries.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Own laptop, organizational skills, attention to detail, positive attitude and be a strong team player.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, Salesforce, Keynote or PowerPoint and Survey Monkey preferred.
- For Marketing: Superior writing skills with AP Style knowledge and experience writing content for press releases, social media platforms and website.
- For Film: an interest in film production or festivals and preferably with an affinity for environmental programming and/or experience or desire to learn about documentary film.
- For VR/AR – some previous experience with medium required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter & resume, and reference which start date/semester you are applying for in your correspondence. This position runs concurrently with your colleges’ semester.
Submit resumes to:
Project posted August 30, 2019