- Project Type: Industry
- Pay Status: Paid
- Location: Austin
Via Texas Monthly, currently seeking Video Producer & Strategist:
Texas Monthly’s editorial team seeks a highly skilled, creatively driven video producer and strategist to lead the growth of our video storytelling. This is a staff position. The ideal candidate has a journalistic background and a genuine passion for storytelling, as well as extensive experience in video production and strategy.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working in close collaboration with executive editor of new story platforms, art department, digital team, and contract video teams to produce Texas Monthly video series and one-offs
- Regularly pitching ideas and concepts around video that will meet editorial and audience goals alike
- Developing relationships with local directors, producers, and others to contract video projects
- Producing, overseeing all edits, and spearheading rollout and strategy for Texas Monthly video; shooting and technical editing skills are a plus
- Creating and managing workflow, deadlines, and budgets
- Successful candidates will possess the following skills/abilities:
- Background in journalism and video storytelling
- Minimum three years of experience producing video in an editorial setting; experience with motion graphics
- Deep understanding of the online video landscape, YouTube strategy, and tools and methods for growing audience
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for storytelling, ranging from documentary to quicker web-friendly formats
If you are a qualified candidate, please email a cover letter and resume with the job title in the subject line.
Texas Monthly is committed to diversity and to cultivating an inclusive environment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS ACCEPTED. TEXAS MONTHLY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Submit resumes to:
Project posted June 3, 2021