Doculab Documentary Editor
- Project Type: Industry
- Pay Status: Paid
- Production Company / Studio: Doculab
- Location: Austin
Doculab is seeking a Documentary Editor. Via Doculab:
Doculab is a collective of filmmakers, thinkers, and philanthropists working together to challenge and advance documentary filmmaking. Our mission is to spread innovative thinking through storytelling. We work with media partners, organizations, and like-minded clients to create high quality, authentic, original content.
Editor must possess a high-level of self-sufficiency, strong collaboration & communication skills and the ability to adapt to different styles, schedules, and feedback. This role will be responsible for editing content for broadcast, VOD, web, and social media and must have strong knowledge and experience with different video formats, codecs, frame rates, audio compression, and standards for different distribution platforms.
Editor should be able to create a workflow to streamline future projects. They must be comfortable working in a fast paced, ever-changing production environment.
Editor may qualify for full-time benefits after a 90 day probationary period.
Please submit a reel and professional work samples that show strong storytelling through editing. Please do not submit student projects.
- • Storytelling
- • Editing
- • Tech
- • 3-5 years of experience editing digital videos in broadcast, theatrical, and/or web video production.
- • High proficiency with: Adobe Creative Suite, working with 4K footage, and Proxy workflow
- • Highly creative, organized and self-driven editor who can execute well-crafted narratives with impact.
- • Ability to take initiative, receive constructive feedback, and work with minimal supervision.
- • Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- • Experience working in a fast-paced, changing environment, juggling multiple projects and deadlines.
- • Strong problem solving skills
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree
Salary: $20 - $30 hourly
- Submit résumés to:
Project posted November 20, 2017