Austin Film Society
- Project Type: Industry
- Pay Status: Paid
- Location: Austin
- Start Date: Friday, June 15, 2018
Austin Film Society is seeking a Chief Development Officer.Via Austin Film Society:
Job Title: Chief Development Officer Job Purpose Summary
AFS is looking for an experienced development professional with a demonstrated track record in annual and capital campaign giving. The ideal candidate will be motivated by extensive contact with the public and the Board of Directors, while able to lead an internal team to execute plans and maintain focus successfully. Familiarity with Austin’s philanthropic community is a major plus. Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- • Leads the capital campaign to completion.
- • Directs the development department.
- • Solicits major gifts while empowering CEO, board members, and other AFS champions to do the same.
- • Works alongside the CEO and Board Governance committee members in the recruitment of board members, establishing active pathways for engagement, and directing the board’s development committees.
- • Acts as an integral member of the executive team, driving philanthropy-friendly culture in context of programmatic goals, operational effectiveness, and earned revenue.
- • Strategically grows the major gifts program, optimizing donor appreciation and cultivation through successful collaboration with AFS’s programs (AFS Cinema, Austin Studios, Austin Public, and Artist Services).
- • Ensures that the appropriate protocols are in place to support meaningful reporting, moves management, timely and appropriate gift acknowledgment, and data integrity.
- • Represents the Austin Film Society to donors, partners, and the film community.
Required Education & Experience
- • Experienced development professional with 7+ years’ experience in all aspects of fundraising.
- • Demonstrated success in developing, maintaining, and growing sustainable donor programs and a successful capital campaign.
- • Demonstrated success in developing and implementing profitable events.
- • Ability to craft and analyze key performance indicators by leveraging Salesforce or an equivalent CRM.
- • Understanding of and appreciation for the art, culture and business of film.
Full-time position. Organizational Values
All Austin Film Society employees adhere to organization-shared values of excellence, vision, professionalism, authenticity and community empowerment. How to Apply
Email CV and cover letter as one PDF to Rebecca Campbell, Chief Executive Officer, at email@example.com with "Chief Development Officer - Your Name" in the subject line. All inquiries are confidential. The Austin Film Society supports workplace diversity and equal opportunity for all individuals. Original Post: www.austinfilm.org/jobs-internships/#CDO
Project posted June 5, 2018