- Project Type: Independent TV Pilot
- Pay Status: Paid
- Location: Houston
- Start Date: Saturday, September 1, 2018
- Shooting Schedule: 3 Days
- Wrap Date: Monday, September 03, 2018
Casting is underway for the independent TV pilot DIZZY'S WORLD.Via Robert Lawrence:
- •Dizzy Emerson (think a young FUNNY female version of Jim Carrey) - Her real name is Desi but due to her crazy misadventures is called Dizzy. Latina early 30s Extremely Goofy, has a rubber face believes no matter how crazy the situation she is in all will turn out the way she plans. Her motto "Where there's a will there's a way...AND I WILL BE HAVING MY WAY."
- •Paul Emerson - Caucasian, early 30s average height, build, Police detective loves his wife and gets caught in the middle of Dizzy's crazy antics.
- •Patty Cantu -(JOANNA SANCHEZ) mid 40's Latina, dark hair, dark eyes. Speaks with accent, owns and runs her own Beauty Salon but has a very deep ingrained, incorrect belief that she is clairvoyant. An older version of her daughter dizzy.
- •Rick Cantu - 50's Hispanic Patty's husband. Owns his own construction company and teaches construction trades at night. Is often caught up in his wife's own crazy misadventures. Doesn't buy into the psychic stuff.
- •Ralph Nelson - Caucasian late 40s-50s police detective partner of Paul. An easy-going wise cracking guy, but all business when it comes to police work. Has an eye for the ladies.
- •Thug #1 (Think Martin Ferrero in Miami Vice) - Hispanic, a small-time crook looking to move up selling drugs who has a belief in the spirit world. Meets Paul and Rick for a drug deal.
- •Thug # 2 - Any ethnicity, Mid thirties, nervous assistant to Thug number one who is more aggressive and wants to kill Dizzy Rick and Paul.
- •Action figure dealer - Shady type of salesman with illicit overtones that meets Rick to sell him what turns out to be a gift for Patty. One scene.
- •Delivery driver - Any ethnicity, 20's-40's, Delivers parcel to Patty and gets a little too fresh with her in front of Rick. One scene.
- •Impatient customer at Patty's shop - Middle-aged, overweight woman that confronts Patty about having to wait so long for service. One scene.
- •Kid customer at Patty's salon - Boy 6 to 10 years old ,goofy acting. and unruly at Patty's shop.A little brat.One scene no lines.
- Submit resumes to:
As with any workplace, the film and television industries can present a wide range of potential occupational health and safety hazards to workers. The Texas Film Commission expects all productions, regardless of budget to employ best practices such as establishing a workplace harassment prevention policy as well as maintaining overall industry safety standards in order to encourage and accomplish safety on set. Please visit the Safety On Set page for additional industry safety resources as well as information about employee rights and laws in Texas.
Project posted June 28, 2018