- Project Type: Independent Short
- Pay Status: Paid
- Production Company / Studio: Space Fire Films
- Location: Austin & Comstock
- Start Date: Friday, November 1, 2019
- Shooting Schedule: 7 days
Via Space Fire Films, currently casting:
Logline: A talented artist deals with a family tragedy in the only way she knows how – through painting.
Note: This is a 10-minute no-dialogue short (all parts are non-speaking) that relies heavily on actors’ strong performance through body movement and facial expressions.
- HELEN (20s, female, all ethnicities) * LEAD Skinny; stoic and reserved. Once a happy single mother and a dedicated painter, Helen’s life has been turned upside down after the loss of her son. Having bottled up her emotions and withdrawn herself from a normal life, her concerns now lie only with taking sinister revenge.
- HENRY DANE (50s, male, Caucasian) Rich businessman, pretentious art collector, husband and father of two. Enjoys all things “expensive” and even more so the fact that other people are aware of his wealth.
- JANET DANE (40s, female, Caucasian) Caring mother and Henry’s wife with strong proclivity for dressing ostentatiously and not doing much of anything else with her life.
- BRENDAN DANE (20s, male, Caucasian) Henry’s and Janet’s first-born. Delinquent man-child who likes spending his daddy’s money and having one too many drinks. Loves his brother.
- GERARD DANE (20s, male, Caucasian) Henry’s and Janet’s second-born. A mirror of his brother’s disposition and lifestyle.
- BOY (5, male, all ethnicities) Helen’s son. A happy-go-lucky child with a bubbly personality and a passion for painting, just like his mom.
Submit resumes to:
As with any workplace, the film and television industries can present a wide range of potential occupational health and safety hazards to workers. The Texas Film Commission expects all productions, regardless of budget to employ best practices such as establishing a workplace harassment prevention policy as well as maintaining overall industry safety standards in order to encourage and accomplish safety on set. Please visit the Safety On Set page for additional industry safety resources as well as information about employee rights and laws in Texas.
Project posted July 16, 2019