- Project Type: Independent Short
- Pay Status: Paid
- Location: Austin
- Start Date: Saturday, May 15, 2021
- Shooting Schedule: 4 days
- Wrap Date: Tuesday, May 18, 2021
- Producer(s): Jake Sanders
- Director: JJ Pollack
- Writer(s): JJ Pollack, Sam Houston
Via the filmmakers, currently casting:
- Jalen - male, 10-12, black - child-like view on the world descends into a nightmare scenario after he shoots his abusive stepfather, and escapes into the city night.
- Marquise - male, 40s-early 50s, abusive and power-hungry alcoholic, shot after a violent and intense interaction with Jalen and Nella.
- Nella - female, 40s, black - high strung mother who deals with very intense heartbreak and death right in front of her.
- Bone - male, 30s, black - the manipulative kingpin of the community, where if he doesn’t own you by your money, he hooks you with drugs. It’s his way, or you’re dead.
- Terrence - male, 20s, black - recently released from jail, he wants to be optimistic that he can “turn over a new leaf,” but he knows this community - everything is working to keep you down.
- Pastor - male, late 50s, black - the one man who attempts to provide some moral standing on Jamal and Jalen’s situation.
- Kenny - male, 30s, black - an experiences black cop, familiar with all of the cast of characters and their traits, viewed as a traitor to the black community for joining the police.
- Partner - male, 30s-40s, white - power-hungry, unhinged, younger cop, just seeking to pull his gun out and use it when the situation may or may not call for it, so long as he has control.
- Bloods and Crips EXTRAS - We need additional extras for filling in the “gang” scenes, some roles are speaking. This also includes a couple of “cokehead” extras, so character actors and eccentric personalities welcome.
Submit resumes to:
As with any workplace, the film and television industries can present a wide range of potential occupational health and safety hazards to workers. The Texas Film Commission expects all productions, regardless of budget to employ best practices such as establishing a workplace harassment prevention policy as well as maintaining overall industry safety standards in order to encourage and accomplish safety on set. Please visit the Safety On Set page for additional industry safety resources as well as information about employee rights and laws in Texas.
Project posted March 26, 2021