Back Roads Entertainment
- Project Type: Industry
- Pay Status: Paid
- Production Company / Studio: Back Roads Entertainment
- Location: Austin
- Start Date: Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Via Back Roads Entertainment is currently seeking a VP / SVP of Development:
The VP/SVP of Development will be the point person and team leader for BRE’s development efforts and report directly to Colby Gaines. This person will be responsible for leading the team’s ideation of program concepts, have a boundless enthusiasm for their own ideas, as well as others, create sales strategies for these concepts, oversee the creation of sales materials in a highly stylish and commercial manner, pitch shows, and maintain/build their own industry relationships. He or she should be self-motivated, and ideally have connections to talent and or/talent managers, specific to and with African-American celebrities.
- A candidate who is currently at a production company/studio in a development role actively selling shows
- Has a good track record of sales and network contacts
- Possesses a sensibility that matches the Back Road Entertainment brand for concepts that feel epic, big & entertaining
- Has an eye for characters, situations and narratives that lend themselves to our brand of compelling non-fiction programming
- A desire to work on programming that skews more “light, comedy, lifestyle” than “dark and gritty.”
- Someone who has their own ideas and a passion for creating new ideas, as well as pulling new ideas out of the junior members of the team
- A passionate consumer of media across all platforms
- A a strong treatment/deck/one-sheet writer
- possess strong skills for conceptualizing sizzle and PoC tapes
We will also consider someone who has a blended background and is currently at a network but has also spent considerable time in a development role at a production company/studio.
Back Roads Entertainment is an Austin based Television Production Company that develops, sells and produces across all unscripted genres, both domestically and internationally. Led by Colby Gaines, Back Roads is known best for series including the hit variety format 50 Central (BET) starring music icon, actor and entrepreneur 50 Cent, Big Bad BBQ Brawl (Cooking), Joking Off (MTV), Lake Life (DIY) and Culinary Beats (Yahoo) among many more.
Please submit resume and cover letter.
Submit resumes to:
As with any workplace, the film and television industries can present a wide range of potential occupational health and safety hazards to workers. The Texas Film Commission expects all productions, regardless of budget to employ best practices such as establishing a workplace harassment prevention policy as well as maintaining overall industry safety standards in order to encourage and accomplish safety on set. Please visit the Safety On Set page for additional industry safety resources as well as information about employee rights and laws in Texas.
Project posted September 13, 2019