University of The Incarnate Word
University of The Incarnate Word is currently seeking:
- Assistant Professor or Instructor of 3D Animation (Fall 2022)
University of the Incarnate Word is a Catholic institution that welcomes to its community persons of diverse backgrounds, in the belief that their respectful interaction advances the discovery of truth, mutual understanding, self-realization, and the common good.
Start date: 08/01/2022
The University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio, TX seeks a 3D animation artist and teacher to join the 3D Animation & Game Design program within the School of Media and Design beginning 08/01/2022. Position will be a meaningful contributor to the Animation curriculum.
This is a full-time position as either an Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) or Instructor rank, depending on qualifications. Official duties and responsibilities of faculty members at the University include teaching, scholarship, service and professional activities. In all matters, faculty are expected to maintain the highest standards of professional ethics consistent with the UIW Mission.
This position is considered a “Responsible Employee” under Title IX federal regulations and “Mandatory Reporter” under Texas state law and The UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about violating Title IX. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
- Faculty members are expected to engage in service to the program area, school, university, profession, and community.
- Prepare course outlines based on approved departmental syllabi, prepare exams, projects, and assessments for assigned courses.
- Advise and mentor students and work to advance the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- New faculty must work collaboratively with departmental faculty to ensure standard curriculum outcomes are met.
- Include demo reel or portfolio link for full consideration.
Opportunity posted September 02, 2021