Precision Camera & Video presents: Meet Your Meter
June 4, 2021
About the Event:
Join Precision Camera & Video and instructor: Tim Babiak for their next workshop, Meet Your Meter and unleash the immense potential packed into your light meter.
*This class requires face masks.
Your camera has a built-in light meter that can do a remarkable job. However, in a host of situations this light meter can be fooled and your images won’t turn out as expected.
Working professional photographers often use a handheld “incident” light meter. These handheld light meters are different than the light meter in your camera because they measure the light falling on the subject (incident) instead of the light reaching your camera (reflected).
The result is that the handheld light meter allows for more accurate, reliable and repeatable results compared with the camera’s light meter.
In this beginner’s class, you’ll learn everything you need to know about using a handheld light meter to make better photos. This class is oriented for beginners. Feel free to bring a handheld light meter if you have one. If not, feel free to listen and learn.
• Understand how your camera sees
• Understand how your camera can be tricked
• Functions and modes of the handheld light meter
• Using a handheld light meter for ambient exposure
• Using a handheld light meter to improve image contrast
• Using a handheld light meter for flash photography
• Using a handheld light meter for blended ambient plus flash exposures
What to Bring
• Note-taking supplies
• Light meter is optionalBack to the event calendar